T•W•O

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

I went back to my apartment after the interview

I went back to my apartment after the interview. I couldn't bare the sun on my skin while I was irritated and annoyed at both myself and Mr. Moretti.

Today was exceptionally hot as well. It's early June, definitely too early to be ninety degrees outside. I pulled out a bottle of cranberry juice and poured it into my frosted glass. I walked to a drawer and grabbed a straw. I will only drink juice through a straw.

If I ever die just bury me in cranberry juice and coco puffs. Not even joking.

I sipped on my juice while I stared at the black screen of my tv. My phone dinged, making me instinctively look over at it. The green icon popped up with a message from my father.

Father:

> Anastasia, how was the
meeting with Mason?

Who the hell is Mason? Oh- Mr. Moretti, weird father addressed him by his real name.

Fine, daddy. <

> Interesting. Come for dinner Asia,
you're mother wants us all here
for our monthly dinner.

I didn't bother responding. He knows I would make it whether I wanted to or not. I would never forgive myself if I didn't make it to dinner.

I let out a breath and hopped off the couch. I grabbed my purse and my car keys. I headed out to my parents house so I could chat with mother before dinner.

* • * • * • *

After a twenty minute drive I arrived in front of my parents house. It was a modern house, the colors only consisting of black, white and grey. It's a seven bedroom, five and a half bath house. Spacious but close. Plain but decorative. Depends how you look at it.

I put some lip gloss on before finally deciding to exit my car. I take a deep breath before knocking and walking in.

"Mother? Father?" I called out to them but no answer. "Cassie?" I called out for my sister.

"Hold on!" I heard Cassie yell from upstairs. There was a big clunk before my sister made an appearance. "Sorry." She spits out.

Her hair was a frizzy mess. Her shirt was barely on her shoulders and it was tucked into her shorts.

"Make sure Callum is gone before father gets home." I say after looking her up and down once again. Her cheeks glow red.

I walked down the hallway, past the kitchen, past the living room and turned into my parents bedroom door. I knocked before entering. "Mother? I'm coming in." I say softly.

I take a peek to see her sound asleep underneath the covers. I close my eyes before taking a seat next to her. "I love you mamma." I whisper. A single tear trickling down my cheek.