N•I•N•E•T•E•E•N

•----------•
Mason Moretti
•----------•

•----------• Mason Moretti•----------•

Magazines, articles, news stories. All things I've tried my best to avoid. My life was just simpler when I didn't have a camera shoved in my face. When I didn't have people asking about my relationships. But here I am, walking to some stupid ass coffee shop with Keira to feed the paparazzi with speculation that we're dating.

I couldn't let out that me and my personal assistant had an affair. It would ruin both of our lives. More her's than mine and I don't want that for her. As she's an employee and I care about my employees.

"Victoria's going to marry Devin." Keria finally said as we reached inside the coffee shop.

I ignored her as we sat down at a table in the back.

"She asked me to invite you to the wedding." She mumbled.

I scoffed. "Yeah because I would go to my ex-fiancé and ex-best friends wedding. She's on coke if she thinks I'm going."

"Get over it. It's been two fucking years." She crossed her arms over her chest with a scowl on her face.

Get over it? How the fuck do I forget five years of my life with someone. How do I forget about the love that consumed me when we were together. Tell me how in the hell am I going to forget that we were supposed to get married that weekend I found out. I can't.

I didn't respond to her. My eyes traveled across the coffee shop in hopes the paparazzi would leave soon. After a good thirty minutes they finally scattered and left us alone.

Keira leaned onto the table. "Why did you keep me as your personal assistant?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I pitted you." That was a lie. I kept her around for a year because she was the only link I had to Victoria. If I couldn't have her at least I would have her sister to tell me things. But it got complicated and I moved on. Kinda.

"Well you shouldn't have." She mumbled.

I know I shouldn't have, but the damage is already done. I can't turn back time and wish I tried it differently, coped differently.

"Let's get out of here. I don't want to stay here any longer than I need to." I pushed out of my chair and stood up. Not waiting for her to agree or disagree.

We walked down the sidewalk towards my car. I breathed in the fresh summer air. God, I really hate people. Keira hooked her arm around mine making me tense.

When we approached my car I walked over to the drive's side. "Aren't you going to open my door?" She grumbled.

I shook my head. "No, you have arms don't you." I pulled open my door but stopped as I heard a familiar someone.

I looked around for them and that's when I spotted her. Her beautiful brown hair, her gorgeous skin. Her stupid laugh that I hate so much. Her and Scarlett walked out of a cafe smiling and laughing. Anastasia turned slightly, the wind swaying through her hair. I turned my head to shield my face. I hurriedly opened the car door and got inside. I wiped a hand over my face to gain my composure.