E•I•G•H•T

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

"I'm sorry Anastasia!" Cassie yelled at me

I snarled and paced in a circle. "You can be so careless, do you not realize that!" I yelled. My palms are getting clammy.

"Please, you can't tell father!" She begged, latching onto the bars. "He'd get so mad, Asia!" Her voice was shaky as her eyes glossed over in tears.

"What about mother!" I yelled. Finally looking over at her without pacing. "How is she going to feel when she finds out her daughter, her so fucking perfect daughter got put in this "mall jail" for stealing!"

This was so unlike her. Cassandra never did anything wrong. She was always so Goddamn perfect that it pissed me off. Of course I had no intentions of ever telling our father but mother, I don't like keeping things from her. Not while I don't have forever with her.

"Who's ideas was it to get that into your fucking head!" I only found myself yelling at her. Not knowing how to calm myself down. "First I see you and Callum fighting and now I've had to come sign a release form from mall security!"

Cassie stood in a small holding cell as I looked at her through the bars. It was a meek looking place. Nothing you would find appealing to stay in.

"I'm a teenager, Anastasia! You can't always expect me to be a grown ass adult like you!" She bitched back.

I was taken aback by her comment. "I don't expect you to be an adult, Cassie." I said more gently.

"Yes you do and you know you do!" Cassie didn't seem to care that I was trying to be sincere. She kept her strong tone with me.

I opened my mouth to speak but stopped at the sight of the security guard. "She's free to go, but she's not allowed back at the mall." He was rough with his words. He clearly had enough with shoplifters for the day. The security guard took out his keys and unlocked the metal door.

Cassandra stepped out and stood next to me. "Thank you, I'll make sure to not let her come back." I gave Cassie a look before we walked out of the confined concrete room.

Cassie didn't speak. She didn't even bother looking at me. As we got in the car she folded her arms across her bare chest and looked out the window.

Breaking our silence I spoke. "The least you can do for me is accompany me to fathers party." I took a quick look at her. "I know you told him you would be out with friends but to keep this rondevu of yours a secret I want you to come with me."

I didn't want to be alone with my father. Well, I didn't like his company.

She didn't speak but I knew her answer. She would do anything to keep what she did a secret.

I drove with the windows down. Letting summer's warm air waft in our noses. I liked summer but I didn't love it. Not because it was hot or the sunburns were horrible, not because of the bonfires and s'mores but because of the memories I carried around with this season.