T•W•E•L•V•E

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

Waking up alone wasn't necessarily something I was new to, but not something I had expected from Mason or maybe I did and I was too naïve to listen

His cologne scented comforter stays wrapped around my shoulders as I slowly open my eyes. The deep sunlight glares against the walls of his bedroom. I can feel the emptiness before I can even fully see.

I stare up at the ceiling in a daze. After about five minutes I decided I should probably get up. I stretched my arms above my head and let out a grunt. I still didn't have anything on. I grabbed my underwear and bra, slipping on my shorts afterwards. I didn't want to wear my dirty shirt so I looked around the room before hesitantly walking towards his closet. I rummaged through it and pulled out a navy blue, retro print shirt. I threw it on and walked out of the bedroom and into his kitchen.

The ceiling to floor windows let in natural light. Making my eyes water slightly. I helped myself to a glass. I filled it with tap water and chugged it down. Clenching my thirst from last night.

Oh God... last night. My cheeks were covered in a warm heat as memories from last night filled my head. My body tingled in the places Mason touched me.

My thoughts went immediately to work. I read the time on the stove and panicked. 10:44 a.m. I cleaned his cup, putting it in the dishwasher before finding the front door. Geez just look at this place. I mean it, I really gotta thank his mother.

As I reached outside, it smelt of freshly laid rain. "Ms. White." My body gave off a shock as someone called for my name. Theo, Mason's personal body guard stood at a matte black car. It wasn't a limo or anything. "Should we go?" His tone never changed. It was frightening.

I nodded my head and stepped inside. My hands stayed in my lap. I nervously fumbled with my fingers. The car started to move. "It was pouring hard last night." I faked a laugh. "I saw Mr. Moretti and he offered me a place to stay."

I couldn't see his expression. I can usually tell how someone is feeling by how their eyes look but with him, I couldn't. He was good and I was willing to crack him.

"Did you know I tried to convince my father to get me a puppy, that in doing so I stole a dog off someone's lawn to prove I could take care of one." I laughed as I remembered the memory with my father. He wasn't so bad at the time. I was only nine though and things have changed since then.

"You really shouldn't tell me these things." His voice made me roll my eyes. Ha— like Mason did last night. Nope, nuhuh. "Are you okay? You look hot, I can put a window down." Theo said.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. I just remembered I got in trouble from that." I lied my fucking face off and to make matters worse, I lied to a body guard who could probably tell I was lying.