E•L•E•V•E•N

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

I could have told you that wounds from words don't heal easily but I probably would have watched you struggle before I had the courage to tell you

The man across from me kicked out his legs. Practically straddling the table from underneath. Which was fucking hot as shit. I watched him closely as he devoured the burger in front of him. I'm waiting for what he thinks about it. Funny enough he hasn't had a good old sloppy burger from a good old diner. Not that I've been here but I've had one from many others I've been to.

"Soooo? What do you think?" I leaned over on my elbows, awaiting his answer.

He wiped his mouth. He stared at me intensely. "I mean it's good I guess." Mason said as he went in for another bite.

How did we end up here? I blame it on the soda I had merely five minutes ago. Mason tried asking about my personal matters so I tried my best to curve from that question. Not wanting it to devour me in front of my boss.

I sat back. "You're just stubborn." I laugh. This is the most normal conversation I've ever had with him. I liked it, a lot actually. Well I guess I just liked the company he provided me with.

I leaned over the table to take a drink, my breast pushing against the ledge. The cool air kissed my cleavage. I looked up at Mason as I sipped from the red plastic straw. He stared back at me. A glimmer of something sparkled in his eyes.

I didn't notice his attire at first, but now I do. He wore a white t-shirt that clung onto his muscular body. He also had on shorts which made me laugh. Causing me to spit out my sprite through my nose.

I quickly tried to cover my red flushed cheeks but Mason took my face in his hands. He smiled down at me as he wiped a napkin over my sprite covered face. "Have I told you that you laugh too much, Anastasia?" His breath fanned against my lips. "Or it's quite annoying?" His smile softened but was still visible.

"You have." I say looking into his lustful eyes.

Oddly enough I wanted to kiss him again. It's not right but that's what makes it all more desirable. I'm hungry for a taste of his soft lips. "Let's get out of here, hm?" His whisper sends a shiver over my body. Goosebumps arising on my mediterranean skin.

"Yeah." I find myself out of breath. As if he was my oxygen supply and he just walked away, leaving me with no air.

When we reach the street he stops to turn to me. He steps into my bubble, bursting it the moment he breathes. "I'll walk you to your car." I could feel the disappointment start to crawl up my throat.

I guess I had assumed we were going somewhere more... private.

"It's a few blocks away. I'll be fine to walk by myself." I look up at him for an answer.