Rules

By submitting your manuscript (story) for consideration as a mentee for the Wattys 2022 Bootcamp, applicants must observe the following rules, and their manuscripts must meet ALL of the eligibility criteria below. (You do not need to be a Bootcamp mentee to submit your story to the Wattys)

👇 👇 👇

1) You must be at least 13 years or older.

2) Your manuscript must be complete.

3) You must intend to submit the same manuscript to the Wattys.

4) Your manuscript must contain at least 50,000 words.

5) Your manuscript must fit into the genre categories listed in the 2022 Wattys Awards book: Fanfiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Paranormal, Mystery & Thriller, New Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Young Adult, and Wild Card. We anticipate the same genres this year.

No other categories will be accepted since those will also not be eligible for Wattys submission, so please don't ask.

6) Your story must have been first posted to Wattpad on or after January 1, 2020.

7) For the moment, only manuscripts written in English will be accepted. However, if we find mentors who are comfortable mentoring in another language, they will indicate this in their wish list.

8) The manuscript has to be your own. You will retain the rights to your story.

9) Your manuscript has to be exclusive to Wattpad and fully available under your profile.

10) Your manuscript must be written to the best of your ability, with spelling and grammar editing complete.

11) Only one manuscript per mentee.

12) Manuscripts cannot have won a Watty before, but it's okay if they were previously submitted.

13) You are able to submit to a maximum of three mentors, so choose wisely. During the open submission window, the number of applicants for each mentor will be posted in a chapter of this book, giving you the opportunity to assess your chances of being chosen.

14) You must be willing to commit to spending a lot of time on your manuscript during the mentorship period (June 1st to August 19th). Remember, our mentors donate their time without compensation, so please treat them with courtesy at all times and abide by agreed upon deadlines. We all have lives outside of Wattpad, so value each other and keep communication open if you're struggling to stay on top of your work.

15) Mentees must agree to complete the editing and polishing of their story before submitting it to the Wattys. An earlier submission will be acceptable in the unlikely case the Wattys submission window is moved forward.

16) If you are a former mentee, we must ask that you do not apply again. There are a limited number of mentors involved in the program, and we want to give your fellow writers the opportunity to experience the mentorship just as you did.