Workshop 2 - Summary Activity

The Bootcamp Mentors have decided to add a fun feature to our summary workshop, since many of you have already received feedback on your summaries and revisions. This activity will help you to see the bones of your own story. Everyone is encouraged to participate and provide feedback in the Bootcamp discord server. You will see a new channel has been added: summary-activity

If you still haven't posted your summary, or you are posting a revision of your summary, please continue to do that in the summary-workshop channel.

👇          👇          👇

Choose your favorite movie or book and respond to the following questions with a single sentence answer. We have provided sample responses here.

WHO is the story about? (Protagonist and antagonist, if applicable): An orphan who is raised by a neglectful aunt and uncle, and an evil wizard who killed the orphan's parents.

WHERE is the MC emotionally to start?: Lonely, unloved, and without purpose.

WHAT happens to cause them to react?: He finds out he is a wizard and attends a wizarding school.

HOW does their story end?: He defeats the evil wizard who is after an object that grants eternal life.

WHY are they different now?: He has learned to be brave through his trials, gained friends through trust, and the experience has given him a purpose for existing. 

We look forward to seeing what you share. This exercise is intended to inspire and prompt you to think about the point of your story, thus helping you to write a summary that encompasses these points. We also hope it will provoke some interesting questions and answers in our discord server. (discord link found in the bio and Workshop Schedule chapter of this book)