Morgan Rider - Mentor

MEET MORGAN neverfakeit and buzzmama on WATTPAD

My backstory:

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada by musician parents. It was just me and my delinquent brother. He liked to play with fire and streak naked through the neighborhood, while I played with Barbies and listened to my dad jam with his cronies in the garage.

I didn't start writing fiction until I was married with children. So, I am proof that you don't have to come out of the womb with a pen in your hand to make a career out of writing. I started life on Wattpad as buzzmama writing YA fantasy, and my teen fiction story Neon Girl won a 2015 Watty award. I started my adult romance profile neverfakeit to share some steamier stories, and I became a Wattpad Star in early 2017 following the success of my romance novel, Lexi's Undoing. Shortly afterward, Lexi's Undoing was published by Hachette Audiobooks.

I became a Wattpad Ambassador in 2018, proudly serving the engagement community, and I lead these ambassador run profiles: WattpadBookshelves and WattpadWritersHub I co-founded the Bootcamp Mentorship Program in 2020 with salmason1 and I am an organizer for writersconnx

My favorite things and stuff:

Growing up as a musician's daughter, I was exposed to all sorts of music, but rock and roll is my first love. I also enjoy classic jazz, rap, and house music. If I had to pick my fav artists, like if a gun was held to my head, I would choose The Beatles and Linkin Park (rest gently, Chester).

Fav books include the Harry Potter series, Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan series (steampunk), The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (vampires), and Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (dragons). I love me some fantasy.

Fav movies are Coneheads, Elf, Jim Carrey's Grinch, The Birdcage, The Hobbit, and anything by Mel Brooks.

Fav shows are Big Bang Theory, Stranger Things, Madam Secretary, and Anthony Bourdain's travel shows (I will always be in mourning).

INFJ - Advocate

Taurus sun, Leo moon, Leo rising

Hufflepuff

My mentoring style:

When I'm not writing my own stories, I am editing someone else's story. With regards to mentoring, I like to give my mentees a taste of what it would be like to have their story critiqued by an editor. Not only do I look at the fine details of how a story is told; how each line is written and whether it's forwarding the plot, I also look at the broader picture, focusing on character arc and how it relates to the story arc. By the end of the mentorship, my wish is to have given my mentee the tools to prepare their story for the scrutiny of agents, publishers, and most of all, readers.

VISIT EITHER OF MORGAN'S PROFILES TO SEE HER WISH LIST