Critique Partner Search

Welcome to the 2022 Critique Partner Search. This initiative is open to everyone who was not chosen as a mentee this year. If you were unable to submit your Wattys story to the mentors for any reason, we encourage you to participate as well. And if you're just joining us, you're welcome too. We only require that you participate with a story you intend to submit to the Wattys.

If you're interested in finding a critique partner to help you with your Wattys story, please head to the critique-partner-search channel of our Discord server and follow the instructions there (server link in bio and Discord Link chapter). If you are unable to access Discord, you can share your details in the comments section of this chapter using the format we've provided below.

How does it work?

Post your story details and read through the posts as they roll in. If there is a blurb that intrigues you, check out that writer's work on Wattpad. If you enjoy their story, reach out to that writer (either on Wattpad or via Discord DM) to see if they are interested as well.

Styles and expectations vary among critique partners, so it's best to establish ground rules up front. How much time are each of you able to commit? How will information be exchanged and how often? Please see our chapter titled Critique Partner Tips and Etiquette to understand the nuances of a successful critique partnership. We also encourage you to look at the Critique Checklist chapter, which includes some story fundamentals and helpful questions to ask when working with another writer's manuscript.

Keep in mind that this is not a way to get reads or votes, nor is this a way to get free proofreading. Critique partnerships are hard work, but they provide maximum benefits if you put as much effort into the process as your partner does. You should not participate in this search if you are resistant to constructive criticism.

POSTING FORMAT

Wattpad Name:

Genre:

Word Count:

Warnings: [if your story is marked mature or contains violence, extremely coarse language, sexual content, or potential triggers such as rape, abuse, self-harm, etc].

Blurb: [see our chapter titled Workshop 3 - The Blurb  for more information about writing a blurb]

Story Link:

ONCE YOU FIND A CRIT PARTNER, DELETE YOUR POST SO OTHERS KNOW YOU HAVE FOUND A MATCH. THE INITIATIVE WILL CONTINUE THROUGH JUNE 4TH.