Classified Information

Luna winced when they walked into the busy hospital. They had their headphones on to help with the noise, and yet they still felt unprepared. The reception lady had noticed them walk in, and gestured for them to come toward her. 

"Hello! What are you here for?" The woman asked, pushing up her glasses. 

"U-Uhm... I had an appointment for uh... Classification," Luna explained, not meeting her eyes, instead staring at a point next to her. 

"Alright! Name and birthday?" 

"Luna Lycan, January 1st-"

"Ah! I see you. You're early! You are a suspected Little, so please go sit in the Littles Waiting Room. A staff member should come out to see you soon," she said with a smile.

"U-Uhm.. Thanks," Luna mumbled, walking into the Little Room. It was decorated in bright colors and soft toys. They pulled out their tablet and began playing a game, not wanting to interact with any of the Littles. It's not that they didn't like them, it was simply that they struggled with interacting with others. "It's because of social anxiety" their mother had always said, but Luna had known better, and had later been proven right. They were autistic, which was one of the main factors that landed them in the catagory of suspected Littles. They didn't suspect it, though. Just as they'd known about their autism from their hours of researching it, due to mental health having been one of their special interests, they also knew that they were a Little, even if it wasn't documented yet. 

"Luna Lycan?" A gentle old man called. Luna put away their tablet, and walked toward him. "Hello, young one. My name is Dr. Alps. I will be your classifier today. Is that alright?"

They nodded.

"Now, I'm going to hand you a piece of paper to fill out. And then you will hand it back to me, and I will check over your anwers. Does that sound ok?"

Another nod.

Dr. Alps handed them the packet. It was much like a normal medical packet at first glance, asking about past physical and medical conditions. Luna filled it out quickly, having done many medical reports for themself in the past. They then handed back the packet. Dr. Alps looked through it for several long minutes before smiling gently at them. 

"Well, I'll be darned. You're a very young Little." This, of course, did not surprise Luna. They simply gave a half smile. "Could you hold out your wrist for me?" They obliged, holding out their wrist somewhat stiffly, their other hand flapping as their anxiety grew. The man placed a pink bracelet on their wrist.

In this world, the color of your bracelet determined what classification you were. Caregivers had a baby blue bracelet, Littles had a pink one, Pets had a yellow one, and Switches, or more commonly known as Neutrals, wore a white band. 

"Now, I'm going to hand you a map that will take you to the daycare nearby. They should get you all settled into your new role. But be quick, after classification, kiddos like yourself tend to slip," the elderly doctor warned. Luna nodded, taking the map. "Oh, and one more thing." 

He pulled out a pink piece of paper. He wrote something on it, and handed it over to Luna. It was a classification certificate. It told someone's classification, their mental age, their birthdate, and other important information.

"Thank you," Luna said softly.

"Of course, now you better get going," Dr. Alps urged. Luna quickly left the hospital, before pulling out their map to take a look.