Cut and Colored

When he awoke the next day, he was terrified that the happiness and good reaction was all just a dream, but when he saw Mary smiling down at him, he smiled back.

"Mornin' lil' lad," Mary said cheerfully, picking him up. He snuggled into her neck. She chuckled, ruffling his hair. "Do you want me to cut your hair today, love?" Luna nodded eagerly. "Alright. Well, let's get you dressed so we can go to the market and find the color you want." Luna nodded again, allowing her to put him down. 

Mary picked out his Nessie shirt and pacifier, as well as black shorts. She then picked out a pastel blue diaper with Nessies on it. She made quick work of dressing her baby boy, before carrying him to the kitchen. "Whatcha want for breakfast, darlin'?"

"Mmm... Egg 'n' bacon, pwease," Luna responded. Mary nodded. 

"Stay here for a minute, I'm gonna wake up Nat. She'll be stayin' with Loba while we shop," Mary explained. Luna nodded, and she left the room. 

After a few minutes, Mary returned with a giggling Natalie. She was dressed in a simple pink onesie with a matching skirt with blue shoes and a blue headband. The dress-onesie had blue sleeves and accents in it.

"What do you want for breakfast, Nattie?" Mary asked the giggling girl.

"Fwuit!" Natalie squealed excitedly.

"Alright lovey! Just wait a minute with your lil' brother," Mary said, setting Natalie next to Luna's highchair. 

"Baba brudder!" Natalie said happily, squeezing Luna's hand. Luna giggled happily. Mary placed a bowl of cut up fruits in front of Natalie and a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Luna, before beginning to feed both Littles. 

***

When they arrived at the store, Mary helped Luna out of his car seat, before setting him down. He held her hand, fidgeting nervously. 

"Right, so we're going to go in and get hair dye, a binder, some more masc clothing, and if you're a good boy, a lil' treat," Mary explained. He nodded.

"I be good!" He squealed. 

"Of course, laddie! Here, I've got somethin' so you won't feel so upset in the store," Mary said, pulling a pair of headphones out of the diaper bag. She gently placed them on his head. "Still hear me ok?"

"Yeah, but you so quiet," Luna explained. 

"Good, good. Do you want your paci in so you stop chewing your clothes?" Mary asked. Luna nodded, and she gently placed the pacifier in his mouth. "And one last thing." Mary pulled out a cube with several dials and switches. "This is a fidget cube. You can hold it and play with it while you're in the cart, but if you don't wanna use it anymore, let me know." Luna nodded and hesitantly took the cub, giving one of the switches an experimental push. He decided that he liked it, and kept playing with the cube with one hand as they walked into the store. 

"Firstly, hair dye. Just point to the color you want," Mary explained. Luna looked around the dye section, before deciding the best way to choose would be to pick a single color and look at the shades. Natural colors weren't really his thing, so red, orange, and yellow were all crossed off, as well as brown and black. He didn't really want green hair, as in order to get a good color, Mary would have needed to bleach his hair. He considered purple for just a second, before a box caught his eye. He picked up a box of dark blue dye and held it up to Mary.

"Looks good, love," she said, placing it into the cart before lifting him up and placing him into the seat.

***

By the end of the shopping trip, Luna was exhausted. He was happy to have clothes that fit his inner image, but the lights, sounds, colors, and just the amount of stuff in the store was overwhelming. Mary decided that he needed a little pick-me-up to get through the rest of the day, since nap-time had passed. 

"How about we get some ice cream and get your hair trimmed up, yeah?" Mary asked, pulling into Dairy Queen. "What would you like, love?"

"Wan' choco ice cweam p'ease," Luna mumbled.

"Alright, I'll go order, you stay here," Mary said once they found a table. 

***

By the end of the day, Luna's hair was short and soft, and a wonderful midnight blue. He'd never felt happier in his own skin until he'd tried on the binder under his Nessie shirt. Mary had never seen him so happy before, and was glad that he'd finally come out of the closet.