Coming Home

Mary carried the Little to her car, buckling them in. She smiled at them gently, patting them on the head.

"Sorry that you don't have a car seat yet, darlin'," Mary said. "We weren't even sure if we'd be gettin' another wee one, truth be told. And we didn't know what you'd like. We'll go shoppin' for some things for your room tomorrow, alright?"

Luna looked at her blankly, drowsiness starting to set in. Slowly, they nodded their head. 

"Good, good. Now, let's get to your new home, hm?" The red-head asked, kissing their hair before closing the door and climbing into the front seat. She turned on the car, before starting to drive. Luna quickly fell asleep, exhausted from crying earlier.

***

When they woke up, they were being unbuckled by Mary, who was standing next to a black-haired, brown eyes woman with pale skin. She smiled when she saw Luna waking up.

"Hey baby. I'm your new Mama. Welcome home," the raven-haired woman said kindly. Luna shyed away, unsure of the woman at first, but the woman's kindness did not waver. Mary picked them up, holding them closely. "What's their name?"

"Oh right! Their name's Luna," Mary said. Luna nodded slightly, cuddling into Mary. "Aww, sweet pet." The redhead cooed as she stroked the Little's blue hair.

"Luna," Renee said, testing the name, before smiling. Luna looked up at her. "Hi, Luna." Luna waved slightly, before sticking thier fingers in their mouth. Neither woman had the heart to stop them. 

"Should we go in, then?" Mary asked. "I think they might need a nappy change."

"Of course. Nat's gonna be so excited to meet them," Renee said. "Do they have any belongings of any kind?"

"Not that I know of. No one mentioned anything at the daycare, at least. Then again, they all seemed a wee bit surprised that they got adopted," Mary said. Renee seemed a little taken aback.

"Why's that?" Renee asked. 

"Luna's like Nattie. They're autistic, and they weren't takin' well to the big changes, and didn' seem to like a lot of the staff much, aside from Loba and Kairi. Bless their hearts." Mary explained the situation to Renee. The raven-haired woman nodded, frowning a little. 

"Let's get inside. They're probably hungry," Renee said, reminding Mary to stay on track. 

"Oh! Right!" 

"Nat's napping right now, so you'll probably be able to change them without her noticing if you're quick," Renee explained. Mary nodded, before carrying Luna to Natalie's nursery. She pulled out one the the plain white medical diapers, since she knew that Natalie didn't like having her diapers moved at all. She quickly changed the blue haired Little out of their soaked pullup, noting that Annie had most likely been trying to ease them into being a Little, which had ended up harming them in the end. Luna didn't put up a fight, knowing that the wet pullup had been causing them a lot of discomfort. She then wiped the changing table before setting Luna down on the floor. 

"Stay here for a minute, love. I need to wake up your big sister," Mary explained, patting them on the head. Luna nodded, sitting down on the carpeted floor. 

Mary walked over to the dark-wooded crib and lowered the bars. She then began stroking Natalie's blond hair, waiting for her beautiful blue eyes to open. After a few minutes, they did, and Mary smiled down at her.

"Hey love. It's time to wake up," Mary said softly. Natalie yawned, rubbing her eyes. She was in a dark blue jumpsuit with light blue lightning bolts all over it. It was one of her very favorites. Her short, blond, straight hair was promptly swept out of her face, as Mary knew how much she hated her hair in her face. She stood up in the crib, looking up at Mary expectantly. The redhead chuckled. "You want uppies, love?"

"Uppy," Natalie mumbled sleepily, reaching up at Mary. Mary picked her up, cooing at how cute she was. 

"I have a surprise," Mary said. Natalie gasped, clapping her hands excitedly. "Yes! Remember how Mama and Mommy said you might be getting a new Little sibling?" 

"Uh huh," Natalie said excitedly.

"Well, they're here," Mary said. Natalie began squealing and squirming excitedly. Luna, who was sitting behind them, covered their ears to block out the high pitched noise. "Shh. They're like you, love. They don't like loud noises."

"Oh," Natalie said, before quieting down to little excited squeaks.

"Do you wanna meet your new sibling?"

"Yeah!" Natalie said excitedly, clapping her hands, before the energy became too much and she began shaking her hands from excitement. Mary turned slowly, setting Natalie down. She gasped. "Woona!"

Luna yelped a little, before feeling an intense happiness. They recognised this Little, as they'd played with her at the daycare. They, too, began flapping their hands happily. 

"Mummy! I knows them from Daycare!" Natalie said excitedly.

"Oh?" Mary asked. Luna nodded in confirmation. 

"I never seen them Lil' before tho," Natalie explained. "How old is you, Woona?" Luna simply held up one finger. Natalie gasped. "Mummy! Mummy! They so tiny!"

"Mhm. Remember to be gentle with them, alright?" Mary explained to Natalie. 

"I knows! I play with lil' Lil's all th' time!" Natalie said.

"How old Nattie?" Luna asked quietly.

"I is t'ree!" Natalie said proudly. Suddenly, everyone heard Natalie's tummy growl. 

"Are some wee ones hungry?" Mary asked. 

"Yeah! Wha' for dindin?" Natalie asked.

"I don't know. Why don't we go to the kitchen and ask Mama?" Mary asked. Luna nodded enthusiastically, while Natalie squeaked happily. Mary smiled and picked up both Littles, carrying them to the kitchen. "Hey love. The wee ones wanted to know what's for dinner."

"I was thinking we could make dino nuggies and mac'n'cheese, with a side of peas. Does that sound good to you two?" Renee asked. Luna nodded, flapping their hands excitedly, while Natalie clapped. "Mary, can you get them set up at the table?"

"Of course."

"And just know, you two, we're going to be discussing rules during dinnertime. Is that ok?" Renee asked.

Both Littles nodded as Mary sat them down at the table.

"Don't worry, Luna love. We'll get you a highchair tomorrow so you don't fall. For tonight, I promise to keep a good eye on you," Mary explained to the blue-haired Little, who nodded a little nervously.

Renee got to work making dinner, happy to have a new member in the family.