First Day at the Daycare

TW: Talk of gender dysphoria relating to genitals (nonsexual, dw), talk of diaper changes

Luna awoke to a Mary gently stroking his hair. He opened his eyes. She smiled down at him.

"Time to get up, lil' lad. It's your first day at the Daycare," Mary explained, picking him up. He nodded. 

Mary picked out a rainbow striped shirt with a pair of dark blue overalls and red tennis shoes. She also picked out a red pacifier with a rainbow centerpiece and rainbow gems on the shieled. Finally, she took out one of his new binders and a rainbow and cloud patterned diaper. She made quick work of changing him, despite the newly added step of the binder. 

"Alright love? Not too tight?" Mary checked. Luna shook his head. "Wonderful. Now, since it's your first day, we need to pack you up a daycare bag with everything you might need."

Mary picked up the blue and pink diaper bag and placed in a couple of plain bottles. She then packed a few plain-colored pacifiers in a pocket on the side. 

"Alright dearie, can you choose a stuffie to bring with you to daycare every day?" Mary asked. Luna nodded, and went over to his bed. He made the quick choice of the golden bear with the purple hat and bowtie, as he felt the strongest connection to this bear. In the meantime, Mary packed 3 of the rainbow and cloud themed diapers that Luna was wearing today.

While the Superstar Daycare did have many of these things, Mary was aware of Luna and Natalie's avoidance of change, and wished to make them as comfortable as possible in the new environment. She also packed essentials just in case, as well as a few spare onesies and a pastel blue nightgown for naptime, as Luna was known for overheating. Luna watched her closely. Mary smiled at him when she was done, before picking him up and carrying him downstairs for breakfast.

***

"Hey little sundrops! Welcome to the Daycare!" Sun called enthausiastically when he saw the two new Littles. Both waved back. "Follow me! It's art time!"

Both followed the Sun animatronic as they made their way to the artroom. They were bouncing around excitedly at the prospect of new Littles. Sun bounced around, leading them to their seats, far enough from the other Littles that they wouldn't get overwhelmed, but close enough that if they wished to make conversation, they could. 

"Now, what do you two want to draw with?" Sun asked. 

"Wan' cowered pencils pwease," Natalie asked. They nodded.

"And you, Little Luna?" Sun asked. 

"Markers, pwease," Luna said shyly. Sun nodded and went to get the supplies, returning quickly with a pack of Crayola colored pencils and markers, as well as paper and a pencil sharpener. 

"It's free draw today, so draw whatever you want! Call me on your Fazwatches if you need me!" Sun said as they bounced off to another table. 

Luna was at a loss for what to draw. He hadn't drawn on paper since he was 14, as he'd always had back issues due to not being able to understand his father's instructions on how to have proper posture. He chewed his lip nervously. He looked over at Natalie, who was drawing a beautiful flower. He closed his eyes and thought for a minute, before an idea came to mind.

He started by drawing a big heart with a black marker. He then drew in 3 lines, to make a total of 5 bars. He then colored in the top and bottom two bars with the lightest blue he could find. He then colored the two bars surrounding the middle bar in with light pink. He smiled, satisfied with his work. 

"Alright little sundrops! It's time to clean up so we can go to the main playroom!" Sun called out, their excitement showing through at the prospect of going to the main section of the daycare. 

***

After an hour and a half of playing, Luna was understandably exhausted, so he felt relieved when naptime was announced. He also felt his nerves from the first day set in. He knew this would be his first time being changed away from someone he trusted since he'd been adopted. He also knew that it would be his first nap in this environment. He began to hyperventilate. 

"Hey kiddo, you ok?" Vanessa asked, startling him. "Wow, sorry to startle you. You've just fallen behind from the group and you seemed really upset. Wanna talk about it?"

"Nervous," they mumbled simply. "Don' wan' be changed by stranger," Luna mumbled. 

"Ah, I get it kid. New environment, new people. Must be rough. Are there any adults here that you feel comfortable with?" She asked. He thought for a minute, before shaking his head. "Sorry kiddo, but you need a change, or you're gonna get a rash... Hmm... Is it because you're trans? Do changes make you feel dysphoric?"

Luna nodded. 

"Hey, I've got someone who knows a thing or two about that. Do you mind having a chat with Roxy, and maybe having her change you?" Vanessa asked. Luna nodded slightly, blushing a little. Vanessa took his hand, leading him back to the group. "Hey Roxy, this little guy got separated from the group, and he's a little nervous about being changed. Code GD."

"Ah, I can help with that. What's your name, pup?" Roxy asked, taking his hand from Vanessa's. 

"Luna," he said softly. 

"Very handsome name. You're nervous about your first change because you weren't born a boy, and it still shows. I'm right, aren't I?" Roxy asked. Luna nodded. "Well, let me tell you something pup. I'm like you in a way. My inside is a boy, but does that make me any less of a girl?"

Luna shook his head.

"Then why should your insides being a girl stop you from being the little boy you know you are?" Roxy asked. Luna shrugged. Another voice approached them.

"Chin up, little guy, Roxy's got you covered," Monty said, passing by with a pack of diapers. Luna nodded.

"Now, how about we get you changed?" Roxy asked. Luna nodded anxiously, as his wet diaper was getting to be uncomfortable. 

***

"Hey lovies! How was daycare?" Mary asked when her Littles ran up to her and hugged her.

"Sooo much fun bu' missed Mummy," was Natalie's response. Luna nodded along.

"I'm so glad you two had so much fun! How about we go out for some dinner tonight?" Mary asked. Both Littles nodded enthusiastically.