Tea Party

Mary carefully pulled out the tray of hot cookies, placing them on the counter to cool. After the events of this morning, Mary decided that the Littles needed a nap. Her and Renee had decided the night before that instead of a normal dinner, they would have a tea party. 

"Renee, love, do you mind turnin' on the kettle while I get the wee ones ready?" Mary asked.

"Sure babe."

With that, Mary headed up the stairs. She first went to Natalie's nursery, lowering the bars of her crib.

"Nattie, wake up lovey," Mary said softly, stroking the blond's short hair. Natalie whined in response. "Why not, darlin'?"

"Nooooo," was Natalie's response. Mary sighed. 

Natalie had her days where she didn't want to get up, whether it be because of an exciting day, previous sensory overstimulation, or simply being grumpy. Today, it seemed to be a combination. 

Mary gently picked her up, and Natalie buried her face in the redhead's shoulder. "Aww. Sweet petal. You've had a big morning, yeah? Let's get you changed. It's almost time for the tea party!"

Natalie perked up a big, allowing Mary to set her down on the changing table. Mary took out a pink onesie with a skirt attached, as well as a similar bunny themed pacifier as from earlier, only this one was pink to match the outfit, and a fresh diaper form the bunny themed pack. She made quick work of changing Natalie out of her wet diaper and into the fresh one. She then had Natalie lift her arms in order to put the onesie on. She put in the bunny pacifier, half expecting Natalie to spit it back out, but she didn't. Mary smiled fondly and carried Natalie downstairs. 

"Why don't you go play in the playroom while I get your little sibling ready?" Mary asked. Natalie nodded and ran to the playroom. Mary then went back upstairs, opening Luna's door slowly. Luna, unlike Natalie, was wide awake. They looked up at Mary, sleepily reaching their arms toward her, wanting to be held. Of course, Mary obliged, lowering the bars and picking them up. She then sat down on the crib matress, holding Luna and bouncing them to try to wake them up a bit. Luna began to babble happily, and Mary took that as her sign to start getting them ready for the tea party. 

As with Natalie, the first thing to change was the diaper. Then, instead of the pink skirted onesie that Natalie had, Luna was changing into a simple blue onesie with a pink bunny pattern, and a pair of black shorts. Mary then popped in a blue bunny pacifier, which Luna sucked on contentedly. 

"Aww, well don't you look adorable, wee bab," Mary cooed, picking them back up. They blushed behind their pacifier and clung onto her as she carried them down the stairs. "Alright Nattie! Time for the tea party!"

Natalie came rushing out of the playroom excitedly, taking her usual place at the table. Mary set Luna in their high chair. Renee came over to the table with a large tray containing 3 plates. One plate had several bowls of different fruit. Another plate had cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches. The final plate had chocolate chip cookies on it. Luna reached for a cookie mischievously. 

"Nuh uh, honey. You get cookies after dinner," Renee explained gently. Luna pouted, causing both Caregivers to chuckle. Renee went back to the counter, picking up another tray. This one had a pot of tea, two regular tea cups, and two sippy cups. Luna's cup had Elsa and Anna on it, while Natalie's had Princess Strawberry Rose on it. Finally, Renee grabbed a stack of four plates. Two were matching the tea set, while the other two matched the sippy cups. 

Mary began cutting the cucumber sandwiches in half, and serving two halves on each plate with a side of mixed fruit for the Caregivers, and seperate fruits for the Littles. Meanwhile, Renee filled the four cups with tea, mixing a little bit of honey into each cup, and a bit of milk into Mary and Natalie's cups. 

After everyone's food and drink was set in front of them and the Caregivers had sat down, Mary smiled at the other three.

"Alright little loves, you two can feed yourselves if you'd like," Mary said. Natalie clapped, while Luna just looked at Mary. "What's the matter love? Do you want Mummy to feed you today?" Luna nodded. "Alrighty, just a moment."

Mary moved closer so that she could feed both Luna and herself. She started by picking up a piece of mango with the plastic blue silverware and feeding it to Luna. She then bit into a strawberry. 

Meanwhile, Natalie already had cream cheese on her fingers, and was waving her hands frantically, trying to get it off.

"Oh hun, let me help you," Renee cooed, carefully taking a napkin and wiping the blond's hands. 

"Merci!" Natalie said, calming down. She then continued eating her food without any further problems. 

By the end of the meal, everyone was happy and pleasantly full, and perhaps a little messy, but that was ok, as it was bath time anyway.