The Denial

Ponyboy's POV

I walked to my room, Soda following right behind me. When we got to my room, I closed the door and sat next to Soda on my bed. "So, what is it Pony? Tell me everything!" he said to me.

I sighed and started ranting. "Listen, Soda. I don't know how to explain it, but. Everyday in the past few months this has gotten to me more and more, to the point that today I can't even function without having to let it out. This is about Johnny. Everyday since we ran away he felt like someone who was always there for me and I couldn't not have him with me. Everyday I think about when we used to go to church and when you guys would cause chaos and we'd have to hide to get away from it. Everyday I remember when I was going to the church with him and he said I was good-looking too. Everyday I remember when he made it out of the hospital safe. Everyday, I remember how much he means to me. But, he's always just been my best bud, Soda. What do I do about this now?" I say covering my blushed face.

He started to chuckle a bit and looked at me and smiled. "Pony?" he said looking at me and placing a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah?" I look up at him and got chills. "So you do know you're in love then, right?" he asked. I hoped Soda was just messing but I got flustered and panicked a bit. "No, no, I can't be.." I looked down thinking about it. "You sure?" Soda asked as I started to question it. "What? Well, I don't know!" I panicked cupping my face in my hands. "Its okay to not be sure, Pony," he reassured me. "I've felt that before too," he said staring down at the floor smiling.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Curiosity filled in me with what Soda meant.

______________________________

Johnny's POV

Pony and Sodapop have been gone for a bit. Maybe I outta check on 'em and see if Pony's okay. I give them another minute or two just to be sure, and surely enough, they're out by then. Soda and Pony go back to watching the cartoons with everyone else but I notice something off about Pony. He keeps slightly turning to me and he's got a heavy rose blushing on his face. "Hey, you okay man?" I ask turning to him and he looks back at me. "Oh, yeah I'm fine don't worry about me, Johnny." He answers. "Alright.." I say watching the toon.

Something has to be up. Pony never acts like this. I know him too well to even think he would be like this.