The Stars

Johnny's POV

"He's bringing me to watch a meteor shower in an hour or two, at the park," I told Dally and Sodapop. "Typical puppy love," Dal joked. "Dallas. . ." Soda said trying to sound serious but noticeably wanting to laugh. "Nah, he's right." I pouted, putting my head down in my hands.

"Hey, Johnny, we'll help you kid. We can get you guys ready for your little date." Dally said nudging his elbow at Soda. "It's not a da-. . .alright fine," I gave in. "But, how do we know what's charming or not?" I asked. Sodapop laughed, "Trust me we'll know, we got this." Soda said looking at Dally and Dally snickering back. What on earth was up with them?

"Alright, Idea. I'll help Johnny out, and Sodapop, you help Ponyboy out." We agreed on this plan Dallas saidand split up. Dal ended up dragging me to Buck Merril's place. "What are we doing here?" I asked, ask I followed him upstairs. "I got nice clothes for your date." I facepalmed and groaned, "Dallas, you're goin' all out for something that ain't even a-" "Put it on, kid!"
I sighed knowing I was plum outta luck.

°•°•°•°

Pony's POV

I watched as a single tear formed in Soda's eye after I put on the outfit he gave me. "Well, what is it?" I asked him. I didn't expect him to get emotional over something so little. "Nothing, I just. . . my kid brother is becoming a little man." He sniffled, "And my big brother is becoming a fool for being so supportive of me liking a guy." I muttered.

"Hey!" He cried making me jump. "I'd rather be the rare number of supportive people than not stand out like an unsupportive person." He hissed. He never said something with so much of a hissy fit before. He has been spending way too much time with Dallas Winston. I rolled my eyes and tied my shoelaces. We got out of my bedroom and headed for the door.

"Hey, wait where's Johnny?" I asked. "He's already on his way there, Dally helped him get ready." Soda told me. "Okay, but you guys have to promise to leave as soon as we meet up, okay?" I tell him. He nods and we head for the park. The walk felt way longer than it was probably because I kept repetitively thinking and thinking if something might go wrong, and that was because. Well. . .

Who am I kidding I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell Johnny. Tell him how much he means to me. Tell him how much I need him. Tell him how much. . . I love him. "So, I do love Johnny." I sighed. Soda walking right beside me chuckled, "You just noticing for yourself?" I reddened and the next thing I noticed the sky has gotten fully dark.

I loved looking at the stars and seeing that the longer I look, the more can be seen. Soda and I entered the park and made our way to the hill where I saw Johnny and Dally. I walked up to him and noticed how good-looking he was. "Hey, Pony." He smiled. "Hi. . ." I smiled back. After a few seconds of standing next to each other, I blushed in embarrassment and I noticed he did the same. Soda and Dallas walked away, leaving us on the top of the hill under the tree, looking at the star's shine and glimmer.

We laid back on the grass and after a while, Johnny gasped. "Pony, I swear I just saw one move!" He exclaimed. I sat up and looked where he was looking. "Johnny that's good luck, you should make a wish!" I practically eluted. "Alright, I will but I'm not saying it out loud." I saw as he closed his eyes. And thought. He finally sighed and smiled at me.

"So what did you wish f-" I was caught off guard when I felt his lips fall onto mine. He held my face in his hand and we kissed for a few seconds. He pulled away and we both had stunned looks on our faces. I don't think I've ever had my face heat up so much, nor have I seen Johnny blush so much. You watch romance movies or just take a walk and see people kiss and fall in love, but you never realize what it's like until it happens to you.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to, I really shouldn't have, I'm not sure why on earth-" I stopped him and kissed him again. "Jeez, Johnny, you can rant for your life." He fell into a smile and I smiled back. He slipped me into a hug with him and at that moment I almost cried, but I couldn't even function for starters, "I love you, Ponyboy." "I love you too Johnnycake."