The Nuisances

*if you don't like Dallypop, skip this chapter, this is heavily my opinion and it's understandable to not want to read a chapter full of it*

New POV unlocked 🔓

Dallas' POV

It was 11:00 pm, and I was unstable to take any more boredom. I sat on the steps outside the Curtis' house, and put my cigarette out. I was gonna get up and leave, to stroll around, just when a charming voice flew into my ear. "Going somewhere?" Soda poked fun at me. I quickly turned around and saw him leaning on the door nob.

"How long have you been there?" I said as it came out very soft for some reason. "Long enough to see you wanna dip." He chuckled. Why'd I found that nice? "I don't know, Sodapop. It's eleven and I'm exhausted." I studied his eyes. They were usually coffee brown when it was the colder climate, but around the warm summer, and especially in dimmer light, they looked like a light hazel and were very unsaturated.

He must've caught me staring because he avoided eye contact smoothly. "So you going to Bucks or. ." he asked. "Yeah man, I guess. Don't wanna take the walkthrough." I rolled my eyes. "Alright, well don't get jumped. Goodnight Dal." He said to me.
"Night' Soda," I said. I walked to the gate of the house and that's when I heard him stop me. "Dally-" he peeped. "Yeah?" I said looking back. "You can sleep here." He rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't worry about it man, it's cool. . ." I said not trying to worry him. I watched as he stepped down, and came over just to drag me back to the house. "Soda. ." I silently laugh. "You riot." I groan. "I'm doing you a favor, Winston." He mutters. "Oh yeah, and what's that?" I cock my eyebrow. "Giving you a quicker place to stay." He says seriously.

He goes to get a blanket from Pony's room, and brings it back, and throws it on my face. "Couldn't even lay it out?" I sigh. "Scooch." He says ignoring what I said. "What?" I cringe. "You heard me, Dallas. Don't act like you didn't." He demands. ". . ." He left me speechless. Nobody ever has done that like that. I moved over, and he played down. "Pony and Johnny took over the bed, and I was left with nowhere else to go to sleep." He explained.

"What about that extra mattress?" I asked. "Don't wanna use it. ." he yawned. "I could," I say, getting up, but he pushes me back down. "Dally. Stop. You're fine." He was right I was. "I don't get it." I let out. "What?" Soda asks. "I don't get how you understand everyone so well and can stay so chill about it all. Man, I could never." I tell him.

He exhales. "Dallas, it is extremely hard to try and understand each and every little thing about every one of the people I care about. But I try. For their sake. Once you can be able to tell what's wrong with somebody, is when you realize you can approach them."

That last part hit me

"So, why are you like this to me?" I asked.

"If I don't make sure you're being looked after all the time, who will? If you get too aggravated over something, you'll. . . Well, you'll do what you were about to when you thought Johnny died." He said.

"No, I won't. Im passed that, I've changed. I promise, Sodapop." I groaned. "Now, how can I believe that when you almost planned to kill yourself immediately after we were gonna struggle with Johnny?"

He made me stay quiet. Nobody was able to make me seems less tough than Soda. He makes me not myself, in a way I actually love.

"You're not always that big ol' punk everyone thinks you are, Dally. I know you have a cold stone heart, but sometimes, your nothing but a big teddy bear full of touch love and a sensitive heart." He said seemingly. "A teddy bear." I looked at him, blatantly.  "Yeah, to me you are." He laughed. Why did I feel all stupid and small in the moment? I just felt. . . not tuff. I felt weak and wimpy. Was that love? Eww, no Dallas Winston you idiot. "I'm not your teddy bear, Soda."

"Oh shut up, Dally." He said tiredly.
"Make me, man." I said groaning.
"If you say so." He teased.
"What?" I said seeing his face lean over to mine.

". . ."

"Why the fuck did you-!" I said reddening
"I don't know!"  "He screamed into his pillow.

"Tell nobody!" I growled
"You think I want to?!" He shout-whispered.