(Filler chapter) The Diversion

A/N(Thought y'all deserve a lil chapter so here's a chapter that takes place in the past back when Pony and Johnny ran away)

Dallas' POV

Darry had called me, Two, and Steve to the house for some intervention or whatnot.

"You know something, Dallas Winston!" Darry hollered to me. "I would've told you forever ago if I did!" I snarked back. "Don't think I'm buying anything you're saying! Pony hasn't been seen in about two whole days and nobody's had a sight of Johnny either? And you don't expect me to be suspicious?" Darry trailed off.

"I haven't seen 'em either, Man I'd tell you if I did!" I asked. "Darry, It'll be okay-" Sodapop said calmly. "And you know how? This is your brother too! You have a responsibility too. Act like it, god damn it, Soda! I need to know where my brother is. Johnny too." he stressed.

"I'll go out looking for them again I guess," I said seeing myself out

--------------------------------------------------------
The past forty hours have just been the knowledge of hoping Ponyboy and Johnny got to the church safe and sound. Had to try my best to stay away from Sodapop, and Darry too. It was so stupid. These damn kids are a pain in my ass. Yeah, yeah Ponyboy wanted to run away. But he wasn't going to, but of course, now he had to cause Johnny fuckin murdered a soc.

Accidentally too? This shit I swear. Good on him though. Kinda sick and twisted but hey, I'm proud of him. He's like a real brother to me...

And an absolute dumbass! He and Pony! Two boneheads! What am I gonna say when- shit...

I snap out of my thought when I realize where my walk led me to. The DX. I drop the cancer stick from my mouth and scraped it down to the ground. The noise of my shoe to dirt made a certain someone turn in my direction. My third least-favorite Curtis brother. Also known as my favorite but who has time to have favorites when they're all just some naggy little pains in my a-

"Dal!" Sodapop chimed.

"Soda..?" I shot a look at him.

"We gotta talk," he says walking away from the DX momentarily. "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" I roll my eyes. "Dal, you know something don't ya?" he furrowed eyebrows at me. I scoffed. "No, I don't know nuthin about nuthin."
"You're playing stupid. Don't lie to me. I don't believe you. Speak up already Dally. I won't tell I just need to know-" he scowled but it turned into a plead.

"Sodapop, I don't know what kind of curse of manipulation you just put on me but..." I sighed.

"Listen. Ponyboy begged me not to tell you. He was scared of how you'd take it... He ran away. Him and Johnny. They got jumped by Bob Sheldon and his absolutely wasted white trash boys. They tried drowning him. You should've seen the boy when he and Johnny ran to me at Tim's. He was soaked.
But he didn't drown. Johnny stabbed a soc. He killed him. He saved your brother. I gave them money and a place of shelter. I'm meeting them tomorrow. Please act calm about this."

I told Soda as chills seemed to shake his spine. "Oh brother.." he panicked, absolutely shaken. "How do I keep this from Dar?" he said breathily. "Sodapop, I'm gonna bring him and Johnny back tomorrow when I get them whether he likes it or not. You have less than 20 hours before Darryl knows about all this. Don't screw up and tell him."

I glare at him.
His face heated up. "Fine Dal, Fine. I'll stay shut. But, can you give him this note? I have a lot to say to him, to let out my chest." he sweats. "Go ahead," I click. He goes inside the building of the gas station and comes back a few minutes later with a fully written note. "Here. Tell him it's from the president."
He said, a little tear forming in his eye.
"You got it Sodes. He'll be okay."

Soda hugged me and I just flinched and could properly show a reaction back. "Thanks Dal. I appreciate it a lot. Tell Johnny he's real tuff."

"Uh-huh.."