The DX

Johnny's POV

I roll my eyes at Two-Bit's comment and decide to make him more irritated by keeping these playful comments at Pony, going. "I'm no more of a hero than you, Track boy," I said side-eyeing him.

I was just doing this to mess with Two-Bit and him, but he might not have gotten the memo after his eyes went wide and his face was redder than a tomato. "Ugh, I'm trying to watch T.V, take you flirting outside, jerks!" Two-Bit said finally getting annoyed.

I laughed a bit as Pony finished washing the dishes. "Come on, Puppy-eyes, let's go take a walk." He said putting his arm around my back and walking with him to the door. "Pfft.." I snickered at the name. "You guys are so naive," Two-Bit says as we head out. "Naive? Emerald-eyes here is naive? I think you meant elegant." I say as we walk out.

"Emerald-eyes? Pony says cocking an eyebrow. My eyes are gray! Not green!" He whines, pouting his face at me. "Okay, my apologies Stormy-eyes." I tease him with a playful smirk. "What's with all the pet names? We left Two-Bit, you don't have to nag him anymore. Unless you meant all the stuff you said on there." He said sitting down on the steps.

"Maybe a little naive," I mutter as Pony gets up and we start walking around. "Hey, can we go to The DX? I need to ask Soda something." Pony raises a question at me.
"Sure." I nod as we get walking. When we get to The DX, we see Sodapop and Steve pumping gas for a car full of girls. Steve was starting a chill conversation with them, while Sodapop was trying to avoid them. "Pony, Johnny, hey." He said distracting himself.

"Hey Soda, I wanted to ask you something. . ." Pony said looking at the taller. Soda looked to his left at Steve with the cars and looked at his watch. "Alright." He said doing a hand signal for us to go with him inside the mart. "Follow me, boys." He said as I stop him and say, "It's only Pony. I'll stay out here and wait." I smile. I notice Pony exhale a big sigh of relief and walk in with Soda. I would think if he wanted to speak to Soda so badly it would be private.

Ponyboy POV

I was lucky that Johnny decided to stay out there. "What's up, Pony?" Soda asked me. "He called me elegant, Soda!" I said in passion. "Oh, Johnny?" He asked smirking. I nodded and reddened. "Pony, that's adorable. I'm sure that he probably does have a thing for you!" He says, putting his hand on my shoulder. ". . . But how do I know for sure?" I ask him. He looks down and grabs something in his pocket.

He brings out some money from his pocket and gives it to me. "Treat him to something, then you'll find out," he said scratching his head. "Update me on it later, and be home by five. Darry wanted to talk to you about something. I nodded and went out of the mart. Johnny was waiting for me, his back leaning on the wall, smoking a cigarette.

" All, good Pony?" He asked. I nodded. "Hey, you wanna go eat?" I asked him. "Shoot, I got no money." He said, putting the stick out. "It's on me, Johnny," I tell him. "Buddy, you sure?" "Don't worry about it Johnnycakes, It's my pleasure." I side hug him and we start walking to a nearby diner.