Chapter 3: Brown and Red

16th November, 2036

Madrit

- You can't be serious! This demand is an absurd! - Portugal said to a woman on the opposite side of table.
- Our nations are completely different! I won't give up my independence for protection, especially when there is no danger at all! - he added.
- Well, there's no danger now. And with progression of globalization, there are almost none differences between our people. Besides, removing border would not just increase safety of a state, but also hugely decrease amount of crimes you've been struggling with recently.- Spain said. She replaced her old father recently, and changed her country to the point where it was nearly inrecogniseble.
At the beginning, Portugal and all others thought that this is another cause of restoring monarchy to power, but they were wrong. Most of countries of so called "Latin Alliance" were highly pro-capitalist. On the other side, Spain turned into a very restrictive state, where private owned business had to follow a set of specific rules that were saying what will they produce, where, how much and for what price will it be selled to who. That, of course didn't stopped Spain from keeping it's traditions, on the contrary, controlled flow of products allowed the government to stop wave of globalisation better than most of other countries that weren't looking forward to it.
But now, Spain demanded a serious thing from Portugal: to become a protectorate in united Iberian Peninsula.
The smaller country took a breath.
-Globalisation is exactly what makes us different. I allowed it. You ran away from inevitable. My people stopped caring how their country is named, yours have obsession on this. And crimes are not one of your businesses - he responded.
- If the Portuguese doesn't care about their country, then why do you hesitate? Why are you scared? I already've got better economy than you or France's.-
- I just... Eh, give me a minute. I must think about it.-
- As you need. I'll wait for you in my cabinet - She said and walked off the room.
Older country leaned on his arms. He didn't wanted to take democracy from his people, but amount of crimes committed per day was rising worryingly fast, and providing safety to his people would be harder and harder. Maybe he should do it. Just give up. Close your eyes, and just fade away. Yes. He needed a rest from this world. A permanent one. Yes. He made his decision.

Moscow

-Are you sure?- young country with flag in colors of white, light blue and red in officer uniform looked to be undecided.
-Are you sure that won't provoke them? Last time we wouldn't be able to walk for a month if not Canada.- he added.
-I'm sure that we'll get away. America is not like before. He's still impulsive, but his view on world has changed, mostly because all these pseudo-liberal teenagers that grew up and acquired right to vote-
his interlocutor responded. He was much older and had a completely red flag, with a golden star surrounded by four others in right top of flag. He wore black uniform with few golden ornaments.
-Are you completely sure?- Russia asked again,and China nodded.
-It's settled then. From now, I'll be know as Union of New Socialist Republics. And you are my ally, who will help me bring true equality to the whole world.-
When he said that, his falg changed to an almost completely red one, exept one thin golden stripe on his right and a hammer and sickle next to it.
China smiled.
-As you say, my friend. As you say.-

The next day at the Visegrad

-So progress with Belarus is going well. I actually can be able to interrogate her into me in less than...-
One eyed monarchy didn't finished, as he got interrupted by a slam of doors being opened too fast.
-WE ARE FUCKED- Hungary shouted.
-Calm down,- Germany said. -What can make our situation that bad?-
-Russia proclaimed himself to be some kind of second USSR, and allied with China-
After a moment of silence, KoBN
(Kingdom of Both Nations, Poland-Lithuania) opened his mouth.
-Ok, we, indeed, ARE fucked-
-That's not a hopeless situation- 4th Reich proclaimed
-Two strongest nations on the globe just allied, and it looks like they're communist! So naturally we are their target! How isn't this a hopeless situation for you?- Czech said.
-Well, my country was partitioned by three strongest empires on earth, and that wasn't hopeless. We may be in bad situation, but hey ;
my grandfather beated
original USSR four years after he regained independence.- Newly Lithuanian country responded.
-Yeah, yeah Both, you said it already more than once - Czechia responded.
-Nemecko?- Slovakia said.
-You're the leader in here. What's your decision?- She added.
Germany didn't answered instantly. After a few minutes of thinking, he said;
-We should continue with our plan. We don't know for sure if they're hostile or not, so let's just keep our eyes open and do not aggravate situation. And before we end, can you finish your raport, Polen?-
-Sure, if you will stop forgetting about my Lithuanian part. As I was saying, I can make Belarus join me in less than a year if everything goes well.- white-red country flapped his wings
-Then I consider this meeting closed. You may go to finish your individual ideas.- Empire said, and everyone did so.