Chapter 11: Water Pressure

Turkey watched how italian fleet got closer. Soon, they'll be close enough to see his own force, and reconnaissance advantage will start losing importance. But the damage will be done, and with enough ships destroyed this servant of Reich willp have to retreat.
-Status report! - he quickly gave an order to the small microphone on the metal desk.
-No submarines detected - one of the speakers started giving reports from different branches of waging war.
-No aircraft detected - other voice said.
-Ships undamaged -
-Sonar disruptor working properly -
-Enemy fleet still closing up. Visual contact in 2 minutes -
Nothing was going wrong, every possibility of sliding through was taken care of. So why have this feeling of something being wrong? Turkey had it more than once, so he ignored it. Many times he has proved himself that confidence was the reason why he won, he had to not let go.
The moment you let them breathe they will crush you - he reminded himself.
-Visual in one minute -
A voice from the speakers said.
Turkey knew what part of the plan was meant to be done now, and he haven't hesitated to give out new orders
-Cease fire until my command. Coordinate all targeting computers to efficiently spread out our hits - he said calmly, knowing that all these orders were immediately put to action.
And then he waited.

-Visual in thirty seconds -
The Ottoman stared at the screen in front of him.
-29 -
-28 -
-27 -
-26 -
-25 -
-24 -
-23 -
-22 -
-21 -
-Status report! - he ordered, not wanting to let anything unsuspected to happen.
-20 -
-Submarines detected in enemy fleet, contact in 20 seconds -
-19 -
-No aircraft detected -
-18 -
-No ship damaged -
-17 -
-Sonar disruptor working properly -
-16 -
-Deploy dogfight planes and position them directly over our ships. Keep the bombers at bay -
-15 -
-Deploying dogfight planes -
-14 -
-13 -
-13 -
-11 -
-10 -
-9 -
-8 -
-7 -
-6 -
-5 -
-4 -
-3 -
-2 -
-1 -
...

Italian forces

All of sudden, they were shelled again. Fountains of water exploded everywhere, ships started rotating dangerously close to the blue surface of the sea, and alarms went on.
They were on the spot - ships appeared at the horizont, with blasts of light followed by another bunch of shells falling at them.
-All ships, the target is visible! Fire at will! - Italy ordered. He had lost four ships by now and got another two damaged. All of that will take years to replace, not to mention money and resources.
Every ship pointed it's cannons in the direction of fleet attacking them, and fired after few seconds of distance measuring. Battle could be won.
And then Italy got idea, an idea so crazy it might shock the enemy and turn chance into certaintly.
He turned to one of the ship operators.
-Tell other ships to not slow down and prepare the choppers -
-Yes sir! - Man behind the console obeyed.
Then Italy faced the Fourth Reich.
-How many men and equipment did you bring here? -
-Just my personal guard, but I assure you, they are the most skilled and equiped units on the continent - Empire decided to ignore the orderly tone of Kingdom's voice.
-Good - Italy's eyes shined -Tell them to prepare to be a boarding party -
-WHAT!? - it wasn't just Germany that said it; one of the people organizing communication was shocked, and Italy noted in his mind that his academies would need to accept the fact that taking risk can pay off.
-Yes, I know that crews of these ships are entirely under the deck, but I believe that it could be harmful and disorganizing to our enemy, so announce new orders to other ships - The peninsula was decided to do it, and no one was going to argue about it.
Except, of course, Germany.
-You know this is a death sentence to everyone that will board their ships? - he asked with tone of a teacher seeing his student who took his project completely wrong.
-Nobody on board of a ship can survive explosion of military grade engine - he added.
-Who said we're going to target their engines? - Italy responded.
-All we have to do is make them not fire -
Northern country thought for a short time.
-Fine. I'll tell them to do it -
-Great! - Italy smiled. -but for my plan to go smoothly, we'll have to limit ourselves to boarding only the closest ships - he added.
-What are you up to? - Reich questioned.
-Well, you see... -