Chapter 8: Weak spot

1st November, 2042

3 Months.
It took three months for the Internationale to join the war. Their reasoning? Taking control over Europe before two hyper nationalist alliances turn it into hell yet again. Of course that was against logic, Spain was maybe capable of taking out Germany alone, but if not including Western France she was completely alone against Italy, Germany, FFN, Greece and the person thinking about all of that - Common Kingdom of Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
That would be an easy victory, if not all these communists from Beijing.
Now this will be hell for sure. -
Four colored country thought.
But of course NATO won't do anything. Germany already said that they will do what they do the best - come in when war is coming to end and fuck up everything. Strange coincidence. - Bohemia smiled. Everyone in Latin Alliance has something against USA. Germany and I for WW1. Member nations of FFN for selling them out to USSR. France for taking colonies from her mother. -
Then concrete room he was in shaked, and small amount of dirt fell from roof.
- Well, time to prepare another defence - He got up, remembering that he has a duty to perform.
Turkey really wanted to play for trench warfare. That sounded stupid, until you realized that his enemy had inferior artillery and barely enough soldiers to defend border at all of it's length, not to mention that Federation also bordered Turkey but had other enemies he wasn't sure that they can defeat them without every soldier available, so there is no chance he or Germany spare some of them to protect secondary front. Fortunately, Italy was here and with him came not just enough troops to defend border but also ships capable of bombarding enemy positions.
This almost made border defended enough to make a stalemate until someone else will be capable of providing help.
Almost.
Slowly, but steady, Turkey pushed. Once they took control over one piece of border-long trench, short range combat broke off, many times ending up with melee fights. Sometimes they pushed Turks out and came back to usual artillery shell exchange, and another attempt to take over defences would come soon. But sometimes they managed to win, from single breakthrough to the entire front collapsing. In these situations, Cz-H and Italy would retreat and prepare yet another defence. Sometimes counter attacks would take place, and for brief periods mobile warfare was back. But how would maneuvers help against rain of lead covering area so large that in thinnest place by standing in middle you wouldn't see anything else than bombardment zone, and so precise that only the most maneuverable vehicles could survive. Really, only thing that was on their advantage were air tactics. Based on hit and run strategy and combined with fighters looking like clouds on radars they often could launch a strike that destroyed enemy positions and buy themselves some time. But right now the moment for thoughts was over.
Four colored country got up from storage and housing area hidden just under surface, took his binoculars and looked at incoming offence force. It was nothing new, just some heavy tanks already nicknamed by his troops as the "Trench Breakers" - just big tanks that had towers elevated to allow two smaller, one for each side, controlled by computer tower on each side with either small cannon or heavy machine gun -
They were surrounded by regular medium tanks and some armored transporters. By his very own eyes he saw as one of them blew up. Was it his artillery, bombarding enemy before they can even reach efective range, or was it a mine, settled there before? It didn't matter. What mattered was that these transports would soon arrive to the last checkpoint before fight: covering from machine gun fire bunch of hills, holes, and fallen trees. Then, as always, infantry will be deployed and tanks will deal with anything that could be a suprise for the rest of squad, then infantry will do the cleaning job. Czechoslovakia-Hungary breathed out and calmed himself. Then he ordered his troops to put on bayonets and prepare for the worst.