Chapter 5 part 2: War preparations

6th August, 2042

-Glad you've came in time - Germany said as Federation of Five Nations came into what could be considered Reich's office.
It was dark grey room with one of the walls completely made out of glass, now obscured by a curtain.
In the middle of room a table was placed, now with a map of France and some icons in different shapes symbolizing motorized and armored armies projected on it, with naval icons as well.
-Of course. But now, let's focus on the plan - FFN looked at the map, as Germany bent over it and started explaining.
-I've already discussed it with east Fra. She said it is in her range of capabilities.
Her navy will focus on channel la Manche and western coastline, and troops will defend north, with my GroßPanzer squad close by in case of Paris being in danger - Absolute monarchy looked at his constitutional friend, expecting that he would have something to add, but he remained silent.
-My navy will focus on Balearic Sea, and I'll concentrate my land attack on south, to quickly cutt off land connection between West und Iberia using trucks, motorbikes and tanks, followed  and artillery to secure it. With that, East Fra can go into offensive and crush fascist forces. Then we sue Iberia for peace, unify France and transfer troops to Ural front, where you plan how to do it. Any suggestions? - IV Reich finished his talk.
-Have you considered using heavy armor for securing that big "encirclement"? -
-They're too slow, and they're needed on north anyway -
-What about Iberian Navy? You can't defeat it, even if you mobilize every ship that you have - White-red-white country pointed out.
-I could raid bases on isles and Gibraltar, if you would lend me, say two wings of N-21s... -
Federation though for a bit.
N-21, also known as "Hussar" fighter, was his ace in hand - Faster, more maneuverable, better equipped and armored than any other fighter type in the world. That, if course, meant that production of them was slow and expensive, so besides his 4 wings of the best pilotes across all five nations he also had an additional 7 wings of cheaper DK type 3 fighters, that could serve as balance of numbers.
-Germany, these are very advanced and expensive machines, I can't let you just take half of them. I can take one wing and give it orders, but that means that pilots and all of staff that makes them work is appointed by me. I can't risk losing them, they're too hard to replace - he finally said.
-But you know that without air support these raids would be ineffective? -
-Then use your own air force. Remember, I'll have to defend from Russia and attack Turkey at the same time. I can't do these without my air supremacy - FFN walked towards the door.
-As you're already here, can you help Greece with her dueling skills? She barely knows the basics - the Empire shouted as he was leaving.
-Fine. She'll need those if she wants to put a fair fight with Turkey -

~~~ the next day~~~

- C'mon Greece, you can do this! - Federation was encouraging his student to keep fighting. They were on a small meadow near city, dressed in training suits - basic clothes with leather elements on places that were the most exposed to hits.
As Five Nations was as always using saber, Greece was holding a training spear, as that was a weapon she found to be the easiest for her.
- How? You're one of the best duelists in Europe, and probably the world. How am I supposed to beat YOU? - she asked.
- You definitely can't with an approach like this. Remember, the first thing to do while fighting someone stronger than you is keeping your blood cold. Keep focused, and give your best. Now! - Multi ethnic state suddenly attacked.
Greece raised her spear and blocked first attack, but after it came another.
They were in situation like this for a few minutes. He was attacking, she was defending. After some time, smaller country raised her weapon an tried to hit her's mentor with lower part of the spear. Saber user dodged that and swinged his blade, but his opponent was already too far. Then she tried to stab him from upper side.
That, however, didn't make the resoults as winged country grabbed handlet of the spear and kicked the learner in legs, effectively putting fight to an end.
-Remember that weapon is not your only way of attacking. Even if a kick doesn't do as nearly as much damage as your spear, it can give you an opening in enemy's defense - he instructed to her.
-See what I meant? - she said lying on ground. -I can't defeat you -
-But you putted a fair fight. Remember: you will never improve if you'll fight someone worse than you. That's the point of this training - he responded.
-Guess you're right... - Greece said as he helped her get up.
-Oh, and one more thing - she added.
-Yes? - FFN asked.
-Thank you -
-You're welcome -
-No, not for training. Thank you for making me independent - she exclaimed.
- When Turkey invaded my mother, you pointed out that he hadn't any reason why. And when Italy bought Kreta, you've convinced him to place me there. That means a lot to me -
-No problem. Easter Europe was so many times forbidden to show it's bound to nation that I can't look at others suffering the same fate. I just did what was right - Federation explained.
-Can I ask you one question, please? -
-Sure, what is it? -
-Why aren't we... - Greece took one step foward, and shouted:
-Training!? - and then she punched her mentor in his face with all her strength.
FFN, not expecting from young woman to try this trick, dropped his weapon in suprise. But victory of small island nation was short lived.
As she tried to kick him from the side, he grabbed her leg and flipped the foot in the way that made her fall to the ground.
-Nice move, but you still need to get fitter to make it work -
I didn't said that I'm done! - Greece exclaimed, kicking her opponent in The Place That Really Hurts.
That was another successful suprise attack of her. Five Nations jumped away in pain, as she got up and picked her spear, ready to attack.
After the "teacher" got himself back to rational thinking after this suprise pain, his saber started to fall on her once more. But this time she got his words tho her heart. If someone would walk by, they'd probably think that this duel is for real. After another hour of fighting, a weapon dropped to the ground. But that was not her weapon.
She beated him.
-Huh, finally. I thought that this whole training wouldn't even make you ready for sport competition, not even mentioning real battle for life or death, but you've suprises me! You are actually pretty good with that spear!
But you can't play dirty all the time. Remember: when fighting a monster, you must be very careful about not becoming one. And it's the best to start with little things like keeping your honor not broken. Just... - Federation couldn't finish speaking as his phone rang. And it was his 'job' ring, so he had to pick it up immediately.
It was just one sentence message, one message that confused and frightened him:
Japan left the alliance.