1.7

Dont be a ghost reader! comment and vote!

"That was one of the worst sleeps I've had since sleeping in a tent in Atlanta." I groan and stretch when I finally get enough energy to speak.

"The tents were much more comfy than this, right?" Carl mumbled and started to get up.

"You still coming to Hilltop?" I asked timidly, I didn't want to force him to come. Afterall, if Rick found out we would be going without telling him then we'd be in trouble, and after everything that has being going on..the last thing we need is an argument.

"Of course," He nodded. "My dad has gone scavenging I think, I overheard him this morning, you were sleep still."

I hummed in response and started to get up. Grabbing a fresh pair of clothes out my draw, that thankfully didn't get touched yesterday. I decided to wear one of my favourite hats, that held one of my favourite memories.

Glenn picked it out for me once, a while back. I used to always steal his hat whenever I got the chance, ubtill eventually he got me my own so I wouldn't take his. It was a lovely thought, for him to go out of his way to get me something to be a happy and also a reminder of him now. I'll cherish it. It was a black, leather material bucket hat, that was well fitting and didn't bother me at all. It'd be safe to say to call it my lucky hat.

I placed it on my head and collected my stuff. I'm so glad they saviours didn't steal my bow, I wasn't sure whether I should bring it or not. But I eventually decided to take it with me just incase, so I slung it on my back and Carl and I went downstairs after he had finished getting ready.

We went outside and quickly down the porch steps, Rick wasn't here to stop us luckily for us. I felt Carl's hand brush against mine, without hesitation I held onto it and his hand relaxed in mine. We made our way to the main gates in hand until stopped by someone from the tower.

"Where are you two headed?" Eugene asked, since he was on shift for now. I nodded to the gate and I opened it before responding. "Out." I stated and opened the gate with Carl's help.

"Stay safe." He said and went back to doing whatever he was doing, and we walked through it to go on our journey.

After a bit of silent walking Carl perked up. "Should we have taken a car?" Carl asked as we walked along the road. I scoff a little bit. "With your driving? Nah." I reply and he chuckles. "My driving isn't that bad."

"Sure." I falsely agree and he acts faked shocked and slapped his hand over his heart. "I'm offended." He gasps.

"As you should." I decreed with a chuckled and he then stopped walking to grab onto my hand. "C'mere." He muttered and leant in, with me doing the same. Right as our lips interlocked, a growl of a walker came from behind us and I groaned.

"Off to Hilltop we go." I sighed and shot the walker quickly with my arrow.

After a long while of walking we made it closer to Hillop. We went around the back, through the back road that led to the gates that was only a short distance away.

Once we got to the clearing within the woods we saw the narrow dirt road that lead to the back side of the walls of Hilltop. When taking in our surroundings, the next this I saw was large trucks and cars behind the gates, but no sign of Saviours.