2.7

"'Tomorrow afternoon, Negan and ten men at the X, other eleven person teams at each of the circles." I read out. "And then over here, 'End Negan, end the rest. End this'."

"And we're trusting him?" Maggie asked, we followed Gregory to a makeshift containment cell. "After he shot Tara?"

"To save her life." I pointed out. "If she was shot by someone else she would be dead. So, I think we should."

"We need to talk to Rick." Maggie said.

I turned to see Rick walking towards us, Michonne behind him who gave me a small smile. "Perfect timing Uncle Rick."

"What's going on?" He asked.

"We received mail." I handed him the map.

"Dwight sent us a message." Maggie said. "What are we gonna do?"

"Well, clearly we're gonna fight. Right?" I asked. "This can be our chance."

"Yeah, we're gonna fight." Rick nodded. "Let's let everybody know. Jesus, Maggie, Michonne, can you round everybody up? I need to talk to Lilia."

"Am I in trouble?" I ask as everyone walks away. "If I am then I've got plans-"

"No." He replied with a chuckle. "I just wanted to ask you.. I need you to promise not to tell anyone about."

"What is it about.."

"It's about Negan."

"Oh good old pal Negan."

"I read Carl's letter, and he said he wants me to try and find a way to live in peace." Rick explained.

"By killing Negan." I stated but he shook his head.

"We can't if we kill Negan." He responded. "That gives the Saviours the advantage to just use him as a martyr."

"Right.." I thought hardly. "Is this what Carl would want?"

He nodded. "We keep him alive. We lock him up. We show everybody that there are better ways of handling these situations that just killing anyone who stands in our way."

"And everyone will just magically agree and be best friends?" I asked sarcastically. "Don't hear this the wrong way, but, I may not be the first or last person to want to see Negan breathing, but this will make lots of people unhappy."

"I know." He sighed. "What do you think?"

"You're asking me of all people here Rick."

"I have a feeling your dad or Maggie ain't gonna agree."

"To put it nicely, I think Negan should rot in a place worse than hell." I honestly said. "But maybe people will come around in time. If we play it right then it might turn out right."

"That's what I was thinking." He nodded. "I just needed to hear it from you."

"Why me?" I asked.

"You're like a second daughter to me, Lilia." He replied. "Needed some words of wisdom from my right-hand girl. Carl also said to listen to you more."