3.3

ONE MONTH LATER, construction on the bridge had started and every community joined together to complete it. We were camping in the woods in attempt to rebuild it, to hopefully reconnect them in a more direct fashion.

Construction had started a few days after running into DC, with all the communities coming together to pitch in, it was a really big help, especially for a really big job. It was difficult to see through the tension as it kept rising because of the Saviours. The dissonance ran deeper than just the surface pressure of being among the old enemies.

They weren't exactly into working with the other communities, especially for those who still had underlying support for Negan and it obviously lingered around. I had been staying near the camp for a while near my dad. Although I wasn't living in Alexandria as the moment, I still went over to visit CJ and Judith, who were happier than ever, sometimes my dad came.

When I turned 18, I spent the week with CJ back at Alexandria.  Even though he probably had no idea what was happening it was still a blast to see him so smiley.

After waking up one morning I got out of my tent and saw my dad. "I hate camping."

"You used to love it." He replied.

"That was before the dead started eating everything." I groaned. "I hate how dirty I feel."

"Never stopped you before. It'll only get worse, you're about to go to work." Dad said. "Then you won't care."

"Yeah yeah." I swatted him away and ran my fingers through my hair, before tying it up with my bandana.

"Is that mine?"

"Nope. Come on, we better not keep Rick waiting." I quickly rushed off to find Rick. "Uncle Rick!"

"Mornin'." He greeted.

"Anything interesting happened in the past few days?" I asked with a grin.

"Nah." He replied. "Had a few more walk-offs recently."

"Oh yeah? How many?" I asked.

"Six in the past month." Rick answered.

"Saviours?" I guessed.

Rick nodded. "I don't know where they're goin'."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Who cares, if they wanna go then they can go. We got bigger things to worry about."

"You helping on the bridge?" Rick asked.

"I'm gonna help Henry with the water." I said. "People don't listen to him, I feel bad for him. He's only tryna help."

As that was said, Henry ran over to us. "Lilia!"

"Hey!" I ruffled his hair to greet him. "I was about to find you."

"Are you ready?" He asked and pointed to the water containers. "I am!"

"Yeah, you go ahead. I'll get my things." I chuckled and he sped off.

Henry was a nice kid, he could be annoying at times such as when he let the Saviours loose, but he's only a kid. The eleven year old had more energy than the Saviours who were working on the bridge. Every since Ezekeil and Carol kindly took him under their wing he's been better than ever.