2.6

Everything felt weightless, the world started to open again. After darkness swallowed me it spat me back out into the light.

I woke up with the sunrise gleaming in the infirmary trailer. I couldn't feel anything but confusion.

Why am I here?

My mind was probably playing tricks on me, but it didn't truly return until I realised I was slowly lifting myself and resting on my elbows behind me.

Siddiq was dabbing the nasty cut on my arm, from when the Saviour sliced it. Michonne was stood near the corner.

The infirmary was silent, apart from the sound of Siddiq get a fresh bandage out and putting his other tools away.

"M-Michonne..?" I stuttered out, as my vision cleared and the cloudyness faded.

She looked up and breathed out in relief. "Thank god.." She rushed up to me and sat down on the stool. "Are you okay?"

"W..What happened?" I asked, I could barely remember anything that happened.

I was fighting some walkers, Carol killed walker Tobin..

"You fainted. You got a small infection on your cut." She explained and held my hand soothingly. "We thought you had a worse version of the fever."

Everything flooded back, the fever, exposure, the sickness from the Saviours.

"Oh my god.." I breathed out. Guilt filled every crack of my body, this was the last thing I wanted to be reminded of.

Bodies everywhere, walkers sinking their teeth into people's arms. I wasn't worth this attention! Other people needed seeing to, the fever almost got everyone..

She doesn't need to be here, waiting for a girl who was barely infected to wake up. There's nothing wrong. And yet, she still stayed.

Her leg was bouncing, Rick nor my dad was here. Just Michonne and Siddiq. I was forced to wallow everything in.

"Didn't I get exposed?" I asked after a moment.

"Only slightly, but your wound wasn't as bad as everyone else's who got shot." Siddiq started.

"Then why did I pass out like I did?" I pressed, neither of them could answer.

"When was the last time you slept?" He was the first to speak after more silence.

I shrugged, a dull and tired look overwhelmed my eyes.

"Ate a full meal? Drank?"

"Not since.." I trailed off and shook my head, I wasn't going to cry over this again.

"Has anything else been bothering you lately?" He asked.

"What is this a therapy session?" I asked and slowly sat up fully. "I'm fine." I said, before a wave of dizziness flooded my head.

"You're not fine Lils.." Michonne steadied me. "We're worried."

"I just feel.." I say. "It's fine." I rub my face.