2.3

"What's going on?!" I exclaimed as I saw my dad walk in through the gates.

Michonne had explained earlier, when she came back, about Tara and my dad's plan to end the Saviours. Which clearly went against Rick's original plan, as it involved a truck being driven through the Sanctuary walls to allow walkers inside.

We all planned to leave for the Sanctuary that night, travelling there to hopefully accept their surrender. I was annoyed at my dad and his reckless behaviour. But I wasn't right to say anything against him after what I did earlier. If it did mean the end to the Saviours, I would definitely want to be there for it.

Before we all left, I decided to try and find Carl and see if he had returned. He was beside a sewer drain.

"Carl we're ready to head out. What are you doing?" I asked, catching his attention.

"I'm helping someone." He replied. "A traveller."

"In a sewer?" I asked.

He was about to answer after his sigh, but the sound of a loud metallic clanging echoed through the streets. A screech of a microphone blared through.

"You may be wondering why your lookouts didn't sound the alarm." A familiar voice bellowed. "See, we are elite. I mean, I don't know whether they're gonna wake up from that kinda shot, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit. You lose. It's over. So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologises, and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed. Then I kill Rick in front of everybody, and we move on. You have three, count 'em, three minutes to open this gate or we start bombing the shit out of you."

"They're out.." I whispered.

"Come on." Carl quickly grabbed my hand as Negan's whistle echoed down the street. I couldn't move for a second.

"Carl what..?"

"We need to make it look like we're escaping out back." Carl explained. "Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry and cut the lights! Get enough of a lead on them, hit them and get away on foot. You know where we'll be. Just have to get the guns, get everyone else here, and we'll meet you there."

"Two minutes people!" Negan yelled. "Dig deep, I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Write a poem, sing a song. I love that shit."

"Go, now!" Carl instructed. "There's people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help."

Negan whistled and Tara came into view. "Look, we've got guns, we can fight them."

"We will." Rosira replied. "But not now, Carl's right."

"We can't just let them have this place." Michonne said.

"We can." Carl replied. "All we need to do it survive tonight. This is my show. You said it. This is my plan, and you're gonna do it. You're all gonna do it. So let's go!"

My dad grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

I shook him off and reached for Carl. "Are you sure this will work? I don't want you-"

Carl nodded. "It will work. I-I'll be fine. Trust me."

I took his hands and quickly kissed him, he held my waist before I pulled away. "I trust you.. I'll follow your lead."