one.

THEY SAY that grief affects people in many different ways

THEY SAY that grief affects people in many different ways. Some get hit with depression, some get hit with the urge to laugh about it. It's a science that nobody is exactly sure how it works, and it's different for everyone.

For Leilani, it was everything. She would laugh, she would cry, she would throw things. But the main thing she was, she was angry. She was so fucked in the head from that accident with her parents, that when I met her, the only thing I had to give her was drugs.

"Hey Rue!" Leilani runs up to Rue, throwing her arms around the girls tall body, rocking back and forth on her heels as she smiles.

"Hey Lei-Lei." Rue smiles down at the girl, ruffling her hair and sniffing as the excess drugs in her nose disappear into her body.

"Where's Ash and Fez?" The brunette girl asks, looking around the gas stations. Rue looks around quickly, then back at the short girl.

"We're about to go somewhere, you wanna go?" Rue asks, grabbing the blunt from the small container under the counter, handing it to the fifteen year old.

"Yeah." Leilani agrees, snatching the blunt from Rue and placing it between her lips, grabbing the light pink lighter from her red sweater pocket and lighting the blunt.

She takes a large inhale, holding the smoke in her mouth before blowing it out, making sure to face Rue so the smoke would go in her face. Rue huffs, leaning down and inhaling the smoke that was coming out of the girls mouth.

"Hey Leilani." Fez greets, walking into the store and giving her a short hug. Ash walks right behind him, a gun tucked in his waistband; the handle slightly sticking out of his pants.

"You're coming with us?" Fez asks her, grabbing the car keys out his pocket, then grabbing the blunt from her mouth and walking out of the store before Leilani could answer him.

Huffing, she follows after him, holding hands with Rue as the two skip to the small car parked in the parking lot. Opening the back door, Rue gets in first, moving to the middle to give the girl room to sit.

♡︎

Leilani leans her head against the window as Rue raps along to a Tupac song, dancing along to the lyrics. A small smile is visible as she looks at Rue out the corner of her eye, shaking her head against the cold glass.

"Yo, can you tell her to shut the fuck up?" Ash snaps with anger, and Leilani raises an eyebrow at the aggression. Pulling her head off the window, she tunes out the conversation they were having as they near an apartment complex.

Leilani looks curiously around the complex, studying all the different apartments that are decorated differently on the outside. She hears Fez cuss, and her eyes trail to in front of the car, where a blonde girl and a dude with a snapback are standing.

"She's very pretty." Leilani says, a small smile on her face as she looks at the blonde girl. Ash looks at her with furrowed eyebrows, then rolls his eyes as he cocks the gun and tucking it back into his waistband.