eighteen.

ASHTRAY'S POV

I DON'T LIKE THIS FUCKER

I DON'T LIKE THIS FUCKER. He's way too close to Leilani. Always smiling at her and cracking jokes and shit like he runs this shit. Surprise bitch, you don't! Yesterday, I didn't mind his appearance but now I could slap those ugly ass curls off his big head.

He's been sitting next to Leilani on the couch for the past hour, his legs thrown on top of her lap as her feet drape over my lap. He's scrolling on his phone while I look at him from the side of my eye, and he keeps looking at her. She isn't even looking at him though, she's been staring at her feet for the past five minutes.

"Hey, you alright?" Brayden grips her shoulder, his hand lingering a bit too long against her skin. Leilani flinches, pushing his feet off her lap and looking at him. He quickly puts his hands up, a shocked look on his stupid face.

"Don't fucking touch me." Leilani lectures, pushing his arm away from her. I place my hand over my mouth as I howl with laughter, Brayden sending a rude look my way.

"The fuck is so funny?" He asks, a small scowl on his face as he looks at me. Smiling widely, I shake my head as Leilani laughs with me, slapping my shoulder and doubling over as her laughter loudens.

"What?" Brayden raises his voice, looking at Leilani with furrowed eyebrows. She looks at me with her mouth wide open, her eyes widen as she laughs.

"Nothing bro." I sigh, placing my hand down on Leilani's legs and leaning back in the couch, watching the random show that's playing.

"You got a fuckin' problem?." Brayden retorts, his face twisting up. Raising my eyebrows, I whistle as Leilani goes quiet, gently removing her legs off my lap.

"We will if you speak to him like that again. You may have grown up with me but I won't hesitate to slap the fuck out of you." Leilani threatens, and I'm quick to stand to my feet, moving out of the way and now standing behind the couch.

I think I was right to say I don't like him. Stupid fuck seems controlling as shit.

"No you won't." Brayden laughs, shaking his head as he leans back into the couch, pulling his phone back out. Leilani turns to look at me, her eyes widened as her lips are parted slightly.

"Don't underestimate her." I laugh, leaning on the back of the couch as she nods, agreeing with my statement.

"What are you, her fucking bodyguard?" Brayden chuckles humorlessly, standing up and walking around the couch towards me. Out the corner of my eye, I see Leilani reach into the couch cushions.

That's what I'm fuckin talking about.

"Nah, I'm his." Leilani tells Brayden, cocking her gun and placing it against the side of his head. His body instantly goes rigid, his eyes widening.

"Now hold on! You're not my bodyguard." I put my hand up, looking at Leilani as Brayden starts to heavily breathe.

"Don't forget what I did for you." She replies, raising her eyebrows and looking at me quickly as her red nail rests on the trigger of the black pistol.