twenty.

SHE HADN'T MOVED

SHE HADN'T MOVED. For the next four days, Leilani didn't move from her spot in her brothers studio. Of course she got up to use the bathroom, but other than that; she hadn't eaten, she barely slept, she barely moved.

She had managed to fill an entire notebook full of songs that came straight from her mind, using the instruments provided to record them. She debated with herself if she wanted anyone to hear them, a constant ringing in her ears every time she strummed the strings on the guitar.

The thought of her beating Luna senseless, even if she wasn't pregnant and Leilani thought she was, played on her mind like a constant loop. It was a loop that she couldn't escape, like the corn mazes at Halloween festivals.

She was scared, fucked in the head more just from the thought of hurting her apparent niece of nephew. It itched at her, and it drove her insane to the point where she just had to escape and lock herself in the home studio surrounded by the one thing she truly loved; music.

Ash and Alex came up with a plan on the first day. Open the door, set food on the table and get the bell out. Leilani ate the food of course, she knew she would be endangering her health if she hadn't. That cycle repeated for those four days. Give her food and water, throw her a blunt every afternoon and leave her be.

Ash felt terrible, so he had been staying with the siblings. He slept in the guest bedroom downstairs and right next to the living room, constantly twisting and turning in the bedsheets as he struggled to fall asleep. The only remedy? Sitting outside the studio door and listening to Leilani play the piano or the guitar, it was like entering heaven to him.

When Leilani went to the bathroom on the second day, she found Ash laid against the wall, his legs spread out in front of him as his head rested on the doorway. She walked up to her room, bringing down a blanket and throwing it over his body; just to make sure he wasn't cold.

I knew that Leilani was affected by it, but I didn't think she was so affected she would lock herself in the studio. But man oh man, when she found out Luna wasn't actually pregnant, God should have been with the poor twenty year old girl that day.

"Ya know, if you were a candy you would be sour." Ash says as he walks into the studio, placing a plate of food on the small table and shutting the door. Leilani hums as her pen scratches against the white notebook pages, her eyes never leaving the ink.

"If you were a candy, you would be the one that everyone hates." Leilani smiles sarcastically, biting the inside of her cheek as Ash scoffs and shakes his head.

"Are you gonna tell me what you're writing? Singing?" Ash questions, taking a seat on the little black couch and kicking his feet up on the matching black table. Leilani shrugs, placing her pen in her mouth and spinning the chair around so she's now facing him.

"I'm writing something that's called 'none of your fucking business'." Leilani tells him, holding up the notebook and sticking her middle finger up at him. At the same time she does this, Joseph enters the room with a bag of chips in his hand, throwing himself down next to Ash and offering him a chip.