twenty seven.

EVERYONE is on edge as they stand in the middle of the dining room, the mysterious man tied to the white wooden chair; a sinister smile planted on his face

EVERYONE is on edge as they stand in the middle of the dining room, the mysterious man tied to the white wooden chair; a sinister smile planted on his face. Leilani looks around confused as her dad stares at the man with such intent.

"Why are you looking at him like that?" Leilani questions, her fingers picking at the skin on her cuticles behind her back.

"Don't you know? Me and your dad go way back." The man laughs loudly, Rio rolling his eyes at the man's face as he stares down at him. Alo hums, her eyes widening as she turns to face Leilani who still has the confused look on her face.

"Untie him." Rio instructs, gesturing to Alex and Joseph who immediately shake their head no. Rolling his eyes, Rio bends down and unties the several knots, the man's hands coming free.

"Do any of you have a cigarette?" He kindly asks, Alex gawking but nodding slowly as he takes the pack of Marlboro Reds out his pocket, handing them to him.

"Thank you." He mumbles as he pulls a lighter out his pocket, placing the cigarette between his lips and bringing the flame up to it; taking a sharp inhale.

"Is anybody gonna tell us what the fuck is going on?" Leilani stresses, the man laughing slightly as he shakes his head, taking another hit of the cigarette

"Is anybody gonna tell us what the fuck is going on?" Leilani stresses, the man laughing slightly as he shakes his head, taking another hit of the cigarette. Rio waves his hand for all them to follow, which they do.

Walking into the kitchen, they all take a seat at the bar, Ash's hand going around Leilani's waist in a protective manner. Rio clears his throat, the man standing next to him as the cloud of smoke from his cigarette disappears into the atmosphere.

"His names Thomas. Before I disappeared, per say; we were best friends. He helped me kill Mac." Rio explains in a way, placing his palms on the counter as Thomas nods proudly, a small smirk on his face.

"That doesn't tell me why he followed us here with a gun." Ash speaks up, his eyes shifting to Thomas who looks him up and down, a judge-mental look on his face. Rio nods to Thomas, who puts out his cigarette and looks at them.

"I didn't know if it was the right people. Last time I saw Leilani she was like seven." He explains, smiling at Leilani who furrows her eyebrows. Rio nods in agreement, patting Thomas' shoulder as he looks at all the teenagers sat at the bar.

Rumor has it, Thomas was Leilani's godfather. But did she ever know that? Fuck no. After Rio left, Thomas spent those nine years tracking his every move, sending him money and making sure he was good.

When the other gang members found out about them killing Mac, he killed them. Every single one, everyone who was trying to hunt Rio down. They had to face Thomas, when he was in a horrible mood; which was like every fucking day.

"So why are you here now?" Alex asks, taking a cigarette out his pocket and placing it between his lips. Leilani rolls his eyes, leaning her head on her boyfriends shoulder as she looks at her dad.

"Mac's son is back, saw him at the diner the other day. Was with some tall brunette fuck, Cal Jacobs' son." Alo chokes on the air at Thomas' words, slapping her palm against her chest as she coughs. Thomas tilts his head at the black-haired girl, who waves her hand around.

"Brayden?" She coughs out, Leilani, Ash, Joseph and Alex all whipping their heads toward her. Thomas furrows his eyebrows as he nods, his eyes staying glued on the eighteen year old girl.

"Wait-Brayden as in curly headed fuck who got pistol whipped by Leilani?" Ash questions, his mouth slightly agape as he looks at Thomas. Thomas raises his eyebrows in surprise, putting his hand up for Leilani to high five.

"You pistol whipped him?" He smiles proudly, looking at her with a small glimmer in his eye. Leilani nods as she scratches the back of her neck, Thomas clapping.

"Back to the fucking subject! How are we going to fix this?" Joseph waves his hands around, catching everybody's attention. Thomas hums with a small nod, pulling his phone out of his pocket and pulling up his notes app.

"So, I wrote down his every move. He got here about a week and a half ago, right?" Leilani and Ash nod in sync, their eyes focused on the long schedule written down in the man's phone.

"That day, he came over here. Found him the next day at the diner with Jacobs. Since then, he's been all over the place. With that weird blonde with the daddy issues, and the other girl that used to be her best friend." Leilani laughs quietly at his words, but she can't help but wonder how he knows about Cassie and the Jacobs'. Slapping her hand over her mouth, she nods for him to continue.

"How do you know about Cassie?" Alo cuts him off, her eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed as she looks at the blue-eyed man.

"Right. I went to that play thing four months ago. I gotta say, that was the most interesting thing I've ever watched in my thirty years of living." Thomas explains to her, a small smile appearing on her face as she remembers the play. Leilani switches her gaze to Joseph, who's once again eating a bag of chips.

"So how do we fix this? Like, what's your point?" Alex points to the phone, placing his arms across his chest as he looks at Thomas and Rio. Setting his phone down, he smiles at Leilani as she shakes her head immediately.

"No, no. Immediate fuck no. It ain't happening." She shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest like her brother and leans back into the bar chair.

"You're the only chance. If you don't get rid of him, he's going to kill one of you. Whether it be Alo, Alex, Joseph, whoever. One of you are going to die." Rio exclaims, looking at his daughter with hopeful eyes, the tattoos on his neck making him seem more threatening.

"Wait, what are you trying to get her to do?" Ash pipes up, removing his arm from her waist and looking at Rio. Leilani sighs, rolling her eyes as she throws her head back.

"It's simple. She's going to act like she likes him." Rio says, looking at his daughter who's mumbling to herself in the chair. Alo turns her head to her best friend, her eyes softening.

"And then?" Ash continues, looking at his girlfriends dad with worry. Rio hums, putting his finger up and he pulls the black pistol from his waistband, setting it on the counter.

"Then she's going to kill him with my gun."

authors note
hate this chapter
but I have writers block
can't leave y'all hanging