twenty six.

LEILANI'S POV
LISTEN TO SONG ATTACHED ON REPEAT

THE SOFT summer breeze blows through my hair as Ash hums along to a Polo G song; the windows rolled all the way down

THE SOFT summer breeze blows through my hair as Ash hums along to a Polo G song; the windows rolled all the way down. The setting sun casts into the car, my sunglasses perched on my nose as I lean my head on the side of the door, my eyes admiring the trees passing by.

"So you're still not gonna tell me where we're going?" I ask him, turning my head slightly as she shakes his head, his seat leaned back as he drives. Laughing to myself, I shake my head as I turn back to the window.

Sitting up fully, I catch sight of the beach, children and families running all around. A large smile over takes my face as Ash pulls into the public parking spot, reaching into the back and grabbing a large bag.

I've never been to the beach.

"There's a bathing suit in here, Alo gave it to me for you." He says as he hands me the bag, a small nervous smile etched onto his face. Smiling widely, i nod as I unbuckle my seatbelt, grabbing the bag.

There's a public bathroom a couple feet away from us, which I instantly sprint toward. Walking in, I politely smile at the older women stood at the mirrors; opening the large stall door and making sure it's locked.

Digging through the bag, I see a royal blue bikini. Trying to contain my excitement, I quickly take off my shoes and clothes, neatly folding them and placing them in the beige bag. Slipping on the bikini, I adjust the straps so they aren't too tight on my shoulders.

Digging through the bag again, I grab ahold of a pair of sandals, setting them on the floor and sliding my feet into them. Buckling the small strap, I pick up the bag and throw it over my shoulder, opening the stall door and looking at myself in the mirror.

Gathering my hair into a ponytail, I let it sit on my back as I pull out a few pieces of hair; making sure they frame my face. There's an older woman, about thirty smiling at me.

"I really love that bikini. Do you know where you got it?" She questions, pointing to it as I smile. Reaching behind me, I grab the small tag and turn around to see it in the mirror.

"Uh-it says target." I tell her, her eyes lighting up as she nods. Waving goodbye to me, I hum as she walks out of the bathroom. Following behind her, I catch sight of Ash standing by the car, typing away on his phone.

At the sound of my sandals against the concrete, his head snaps up. Being the respectful shit he is, he keeps his eyes trained on my face as I walk toward him.

As he should though.

"You ready?" He questions, shoving his phone into the pocket of his shorts. Nodding, he smiles slightly as he grabs the bag from my shoulder, holding it in his own hand.

The soft chatter of children talking fills my ears as we walk hand in hand onto the beach. The sand causes me to sink a little bit, but I don't mind. The whole feeling is surreal.