Chapter 11 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 11 (Amy)

            “And there's glitter on the floor.  And they turn me on. When they take it off. When they take it off.  Everybody take it off.”  I sang aloud with Kesha blaring from my radio while touching up my favorite lip gloss.  Thoughts of my favorite Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes entered my head while I danced around shamelessly in my room.

            “Ahem, let’s keep it on, keep it on, keep it on for the sake of my own sanity,” my brother sang back to me while smirking and leaning against my bedroom door.

            “Agh” I screamed and jumped about ten feet high.  I hate it when he does that.  I walked over to my stereo and turned down the volume.  Turning around I cocked my hands on my hips and glared at him.

            “You scared the shit out of me bro,” I told him while lifting my hand to my chest and willing my heart beat to slow.  He laughed at me and straightened his stance.

            “You got any plans today?” he asked more serious now.  I walked over to my bed and collapsed on my back.  My feet dangled perilously just above the floor.

            “Stevie is coming by to take me for a ride on the back of his Harley,” I said dreamily while clutching a pillow to my chest.

            “Oh, God, kill me now with the lovey dovey shit.  It’s sickening you know,” my brother whined.

            I laughed at his reaction.  This last week has been the absolute best week of my life.  Stevie has been the sweetest mate and my family has taken to him like a duck does to water.  Zach puts up with him; they’re not the best of friends but at least they aren’t at each other throats anymore.

            “Well when you find your ma-” and then I slapped my hand over my mouth before I could finish the sentence.  I sat up and looked at my brother.  His face had drawn up with anger and I mentally smacked myself in the head for that comment.

            “Zach, I’m so, so sorry,” I whispered while looking at the scrunched up pillow in my lap.

            “It’s nothing, Amy,” he bit out curtly.

            “But-” I started to say when the door bell rang interrupting our conversation.

            “Amy, I said don’t worry about it,” he repeated.  His smile reappeared and I could tell that it was only painted on.  His mate denying him had really done a number on him and it broke my heart to see him this way.

            “Come on, where’s my love,” he asked while pointing to his cheek.  I walked up to him and lifted on my toes pecking his cheek.

            “Behave yourself,” he warned while I jogged down the steps to answer the door.

            “Always,” I called out to him.

            A giddiness bubbled in my belly knowing that my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes was standing on the other side of the door.  Just before I lifted my hand to the door knob the bell rang out again.

            “Impatient much,” I mumbled under my breath.

            I opened the door with a huge smile on my face ready to launch myself into the arms of my mate when to my dismay, Miss Easy A as Liza likes to call her, was standing in his place.   Once the reality of the situation sunk in I looked up to a smirking poor excuse of a Barbie Doll imitation and crossed my hands over my chest.