Chapter 27 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 27 (Amy)

            I felt cold.  There was a putrid taste left in my mouth and I was just so damn cold.   Curling into a ball, I tucked my legs into my chest and waited.  I didn’t want to move.  I knew they were out there.  Mangy mutts.  Nothing separated me from them except the shallow cloth of the tent they stashed me in.  

            I could smell them.  The smell was nauseating and I was scared.  Slightly rocking myself back and forth I eyed the opening at the front of the tent.  They would come.  I knew they would come.  No wolf could resist the smell of my heat.  

            “Stevie,” I called out in my head for the umpteenth time.  “Please, Stevie, answer me.”

            I waited and there was nothing.  Not even a whisper that he had heard my call.  I don’t know what those mutts shot into me but it had to be blocking our mental bond.  Front, back, front, back.  I rocked myself to stay calm.  I had to focus if I was going to get out of this.   I would not let them take me.  They would have to kill me in order to get that close to me.  

            “Fire cracker,” the leader called as he stuck his head into the tent.  I snapped my head up and ripped a deadly growl warning him to stay away from me.

            “Ooh, the Alpha is going to love you, little firecracker, all that spunk you have in the tiny little body of yours.” 

            Another growl slipped my lips when the leader fully stepped into the tent.  I backed myself as far as I could into the corner trying to keep as much distance as possible between us.  I was given no clothing after the medical induced shift so I was left to crouch in the corner completely nude.  Normally wolves are not very self conscious of there appearance after a shift but with the way this guy's eyes roamed over my body, I was left feeling disgusted.
            He stood and his height was quite imposing.  Wrapping my arms around my legs I tried to make myself even smaller.  The leader crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at me.  I wanted so badly to smack that smirk right off his face.  Fisting my hands I felt the bite of my own nails as they dug into my skin.  I would be a fool to try and make any type of move right now.  

            “It won’t be long firecracker.  I can smell your heat and it smells as sweet as honeysuckles on a hot summer day.  I can almost taste you, it is so strong.”

            I watched him warily as he licked his lips and narrowed his gaze on me.

            “You won’t touch me,” I told him with more confidence than I was actually feeling.  He grunted. 

            “Not yet, firecracker.  But I will get my turn; that is a promise.  And you want to know something else?  You’re going to love every minute of it,” he said with such assurance of himself.  This time I snorted. 

            “In your dreams, mutt.”

            “In your nightmares, bitch,” he answered me back with a snarl.

            I wasn’t even going to respond to that.  This guy wasn’t worth the shit off the bottom of my shoe.  I closed my eyes and tried to redirect my focus to my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes.  

            “Stevie,” I called out in my mind.  “Where are you?”  I silently begged.  More brick walls.  There had to be a way to break through the mental block.

            “Agh!” I squealed when I felt myself being pulled up roughly by my hair.

            “You will learn to not disrespect me, bitch.  I am your Beta now and you will treat me with the respect that I deserve.”

            I grabbed onto his large roughened hands where he held me up by my hair.  Looking into his obsidian dark eyes I felt nothing but hatred.  This guy was going to pay for touching me.  As soon as the opportunity arose I was going to make him pay dearly.  He held my stare for several long terse moments before finally tossing me back to the ground.  If looks could kill then I would be dead with the daggers this guy was shooting at me.  

            “Submit!” he ordered.  Defiantly I lifted my head high and kept my eyes peeled on him.

            “I will never submit to the likes of you, mutt,” I said keeping my voice as calm and level as I could possibly manage.

            It happened so fast that I never had a fighting chance.  He brought his foot up and kicked me in the side so hard that my breath was instantly knocked out of me.  I was sent flying sideways across the tent banging my head hard against the unyielding ground.  A small whimper escaped my lips as I tried to curl back into my own little ball.  

            “Submit, bitch!” the leader yelled at me even louder.  

            I closed my eyes tighter willing him to just go away.  I wanted this hell to just end already.  I even sent a prayer to the Moon Goddess asking her to please give me the needed strength to survive this ordeal and God, I hope she’s listening.

            This time he grabbed me by the neck and pulled my battered body to a standing position.  He leaned into my face and I had to fight my gag reflex from the smell of his foul breath.  

            “I am only going to tell you one more time bitch,” he growled low at my ear.  “Submit.” 

            My fingers started to tremble but I would not give in.  As long as my heart beat and I had breath in my body, I would not submit to this asshole.

            “Go. To. Hell.” 

            The next thing that I saw was the back of his hand, up close and personal.  It came up hard and it came fast.  The resounding smack echoed in my ears as my head swung to the side.   I could feel the warm trail of blood running down my chin.  He could hit me, kick me, I didn’t care.  I would never submit.  

            He jerked me back up off the floor again.  Grabbing me by the back of my neck he forced my head up so that I had to look at him.

            “I’ll give it to ya bitch, you got guts, probably more than half my men out there.  But I’m going to break you and when I do I am going to love watching you show me that pretty slender neck of yours.”

            He bent his head down and I tried to recoil away.  He held me tight as he licked the dripping blood from my chin.  I’m going to be sick, I thought to myself.  

            Looking pleased with himself he finally released me and I collapsed in a heap to the floor.  Without another word he turned and left me alone in the tent.

            I crawled back to my little corner and breathed out a sigh of relief.  At least I’m still alive and no one has tried to mate me.  Those were two things that I could thank the Moon Goddess for.  

            The heat was worsening though.  I knew that all too soon the heat was sure to become my own worst enemy.  I curled back into my ball and tried once more to mentally reach out to my mate.

            “Stevie…. Stevie, Please.”

            Still no answer.  Dropping my head to my knees I let the tears come in earnest.  The familiar cramps were starting to worsen and I forced myself to breathe through them.  Closing my eyes I tried to block out all the pain.  I needed rest.  If I was going to have to go more rounds with these male wolves I was going to need sleep.  My breathing eventually evened out and I finally slipped into a much needed but restless slumber.

_________________________________________________

            “This is her?”

            I heard the new voice and stiffened.  The voice radiated with power and I knew that it had to be the Alpha.

            “Yes sir,” the Beta replied respectively.  I heard the footsteps close in on me and held my breath.

“What happened to her?” the Alpha asked as he kneeled beside me. 

            I could smell him now that he was so close to me.  He smelled so different that the Beta, his scent was a mixture of rich spices and pure exotic male.  I slowly opened my eyes to meet the brightest set of blue eyes that I had ever seen.  He had hair the color of the golden wheat and his image possessed an ethereal quality.

            “We had a little issue with submission,” the Beta muttered under his breath.

            The Alpha reached up to touch my hair and I flinched in response.  My body hurt and I didn’t want anyone touching me but my mate.  His hand dropped to my shoulder where he brushed his fingers against my mark.

            “She’s mated?” The Alpha asked as he pinned his stare on the Beta.

            “The Harper boy, but she hasn’t yet conceived.  She is ripe though,” the Beta answered quickly.

            The Alpha looked back at me and smiled.  Strangely enough that smile warmed me.  I wanted to hate this guy, but he was making it impossible.  

            “Clean her up and take her to my cabin.  By then the heat will be driving her hard enough that she will beg for me to take her.”

            I gasped and hurriedly scooted out of the Alpha’s reach.  

            “No,” I whispered fiercely and shook my vehemently.   “I will never willingly let you mate me.”

            “Darling, I can smell the pheromones you’re putting off.  I promise you that you will be begging me to plant my seed deep in your womb before this is all over with.”

            The Alpha’s angelic smile had turned into a chilling smirk and all at once I felt the familiar anger surge forth.

            “Fuck you,” I bit out through gritted teeth.   

            “That is the plan, darling,” the Alpha said as he stood and turned around, effectively dismissing me.  I watched their retreating backs and the rage slowly built in my system.   

            “You keep thinking that, all mighty Alpha, you just keep on thinking that and watch what I do.  I am going to make you eat those words and regret ever laying a finger on me,” I whispered aloud in the empty tent.

            I sat there curled in my ball and seethed for a moment in the silence of the tent.  I knew they would be coming back and I was going to be ready for them.  A cramp suddenly struck me and I keeled over from the intensity of the pain.  This heat was going to be the death of me.

            “Princess?” I heard the mental call in my head.

            Taking a deep breath and praying that I wasn’t losing my mind I responded, “Stevie?” 

            “Thank the Moon Goddess,” my mate’s voice filled my head.

            I fell backwards clutching my chest; it’s him.  It‘s my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes.