Chapter 14 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14 (Steven)

            It’s Monday morning, and I’m standing here leaning against the front door of the school anxiously waiting for my blue eyed beauty to arrive.  When she contacted me last night she sounded so broken that it made my own heart bleed for her.  The pain in her voice tore at my very soul and I felt so helpless in reaching out to her.  

            I did as she asked and sent her mental pictures of what I considered some of our most memorable moments together.  It seemed to help her because by the end of our telepathic conversation her voice was not sad any longer, but carried an erotic quality.  But even I know that desire can only temporary replace a deep sadness.

            I wanted to get to the root of the problem.  I wanted to understand my mate in every way possible.  I sat there watching every car that entered the parking lot while tapping my foot.  A rather forceful bump on my shoulder disrupted my car watching.

            “Hey,” I called out while straightening my stance.

            “Hey yourself,” a deep voice answered back.  I looked the guy over carefully from head to toe.  First off I noticed that he was one of the lackeys that typically hung around Zach.  One sniff and I knew he was a wolf too.  I crossed my hands over my chest and casually resumed my previous stance against the wall.

            When the other guy just glared at me I began to get irritated.  I only had one thing on my mind right now, and placating this sidekick of Zach’s was not it.  I ran my eyes over the parking lot once again to see if my blue eyed beauty had arrived yet and felt a tinge of disappointment when I realized that she still wasn’t there.

            Returning my gaze to the guy in front of me I finally asked, “You need something man?”

            “Nope,” he said curtly and continued to glare at me.  Alright, I have had about enough of his shit.

            “Who the hell are you dude?”  I asked.

            A smirk appeared on his face and I had a strong desire to smack it right off of him.  I don’t know what stick was up that prick’s butt, but I was about ready to pull it out for him if he didn’t start coming across with some information about why he was all up in my grill.

            “Jake is the name and I’m Tabitha’s brother,” he said while keeping that intense stare on me.

    “Okay,” I slowly drawled.  “Help me out here dude, who is Tabitha?”  I was completely confused by this guy.  He just shows up stares me down and tells me his name.  What is his agenda, I asked myself.

            “Tabby, Amy’s cousin, my sister,” he said.  “Amy, your mate?” he continued like I was a complete dumbass.  I closed my eyes and asked the Moon Goddess for patience.

            “I know who Amy is,” I growled.  “Now, what is it that you want from me?”

            He continued that freaking stare again and I was really starting to get pissed off.  Several minutes passed as we stared at each other waiting for the other to break.  I don’t have time for this, I thought to myself.  I need to find my mate.  Suddenly, that cat starts to laugh hysterically.  I looked at him like he had lost his ever loving mind.

            “Dude?” I questioned.

            His laughter began to slowly die out and in between chuckles he managed to say, “You’re all right, man.  Just don’t let Zach give you too much grief over the mating.  Amy is a prize, but she’s also Zach’s heart.  Treat her right and we’ll be cool.”

            He gave me a friendly punch in the arm and then turned to walk away.  I stared at his retreating back and had what I like to refer as a WTF moment.  I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair.  

            “Whatever,” I mumbled to myself and turned my gaze to the parking lot.  Finally, I saw the familiar white car that belonged to Tabby and sighed in relief.  Shuffling my feet from side to side I waited impatiently for my beautiful blue eyed beauty to exit the car.

            I finally caught sight of her golden locks and couldn’t restrain myself any longer.  I stalked over towards her moving one foot in front of the other.  My wolf was screaming in my head to make sure that my mate was okay.

            She looked up when I was only feet away from her and that smile of hers had my hormones kicking off into high gear.  I loved that smile.  God only knows how many times in the last week that the baby oil and I have shared a little alone time together while picturing that smile.  Her image does it to me every single time.

            I finally reached her and pulled her into my arms.  I inhaled a deep breath of her aromatic scent and sighed in pleasure.  My mate.  I held her close for several minutes and heard Tabby and Liza mumble their see-you-laters to us before leaving us alone.  

            For a few seconds longer, I just sat there and reveled in the softness of my mate before I had to forcefully set her back from me.  It was time for talking and if she was this close to me, thinking was not an option.