s1 e2

The following weeks, Miguel and Torrence had gotten closer. She hasn't slept much due to still ignoring both Eli and Demetri, so they haven't been over. Miguel told her to come to the Halloween dance, not telling her he had convinced both boys to show up as well. He meets her outside of Cobra Kai. "Hey, Sensei Lawrence said he could give you a ride too." He tells her as he walks out in his skeleton costume. "Awesome." She says, walking toward him. "Who are you supposed to be?" He asks as Johnny comes out. "Joan Jett." She answers. "Who?" Miguel questions. Her jaw drops.

"You are no longer my friend, Diaz. You can't say you love 80s music then not know who Joan Jett is." She states, looking at him. "Who's she?" Johnny asks. "This is Torrence. She wants to join karate she just hasn't had a chance to come down." Miguel introduces her. "What happened to your knuckles, Jett?" "Got pissed and killed a wall." She says, staring at the blonde man. "What happened to your wrists?" "Got in a fight with a paper shredder." When Johnny looked at Miguel, she pulled the sleeves of her leather jacket down. "Are we going to this dance or not?" She asks.

Johnny looks down at the girl. She's got the spirit of a cobra, she'll have to come in and show him what she's got. As she climbs out, Johnny calls for her. "Hey, Jett, swing by Cobra Kai. You might have what it takes. I'm Johnny Lawrence." He tells her. She smiles slightly. "See you around, Lawrence." She closes the car door, letting Miguel take her hand and weave her through people to the two boys. "Miguel Diaz, I know you did not trick me into coming to this lame fucking dance just to make up with these two fucking backstabbers." She turns to him and he grimaces. "Maybe?" He says.

"We're not backstabbers. Would you just let us explain?" Demetri pleads. "I like your sorcerer costume." Miguel butts in, not wanting to be around when Torrence beats the shit out of Demetri and Eli. "Sorcerer? Please. I'm a necromancer. Didn't you see the amulet?" Demetri asks. Miguel nods, switching to Eli. "So, are you a regular doctor or-" "Plastic surgeon. I fix lips." Eli cuts Miguel off. "Nice." Miguel nods again, pointing at Torrence who's glaring at the boys. "She's Joan Jett." He says, trying to ease the tension. "We know. She's only her favorite 80s rockstar." Demetri says.

"You've got five minutes to explain why you went to my mom. She had no idea!" Torrence exclaims angrily, stamping her foot. "We had to do something, Tor. It was getting ridiculous. They were telling you to kill yourself!" Eli speaks up, talking the most Miguel had ever heard. "I was handling it!" "Were you?" Demetri asks, motioning to her arms. "I handle things my way, you handle things yours." She snaps at them. "I'm leaving." She says after a moment. "You can't leave." Miguel begs. She sighs, looking at the boys. "You guys ever, and I mean ever, do this again, and I'll never talk to you again." She promises, holding out a pinky.

Demetri and Eli quickly link their pinkies with hers, smiling at her gratefully. "Now, I'm gonna go talk to Aisha. You guys do whatever it is nerds do." "You're a nerd too!" Demetri exclaims as she walks to Aisha. "Hey, Aisha." She smiles at the girl at the snack table. "Torrence!" Aisha rushes forward, embracing the girl. "You look awesome!" She says with a smile as she pulls away. "Sodium? Badass. Silent killer." Torrence states. "Joan Jett, I'm assuming?" "You know me too well." Torrence jokes. "I've gotta find the boys." She says, smiling softly at the girl before leaving.

She quickly finds them standing beside the punch, each of them slurping from the small cups. She takes Demetri's, downing the little bit left. "Hey!" He complains, dropping his hands to his sides. "Sucks for you." She laughs. "I have to go to the bathroom." Eli says. "Yeah, me too. That punch is going right through me." Eli takes Torrence's hand. "Wait outside for us." He tells her, pulling her with them. After a minute, Kyler and his friends walk past, not seeing Torrence hiding in the corner. Soon enough, Eli and Demetri are running out, grabbing Torrence. "Where's Miguel?"