s1 e10

a/n: i dont do karate, i have absolutely zero clue how to explain what theyre doing, dont come for me lmaoo also, long chapter ahead
————————
The tournament day comes quicker than anyone imagined. Everyone stands outside, Torrence leaned into Eli's side as Miguel aggressively punches the air. He had explained to Torrence everything that happened that night while she was almost blackout drunk. Sam had shown up, no big deal right? Wrong. She showed up with another guy, hand in hand, and defended him when Miguel got angry. Miguel had also gotten drunk out of his mind before she came, so that added to his anger. And when he tried to hit the other guy, Sam stepped in the way, getting hit instead.

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Eli says. Miguel just glances at him before going back to punching the air. "Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Aisha says, shoving her hands back in her pockets. "Where's Sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon." Eli says. "He'll be here." Torrence assures. "I don't know about that." Bert says quietly. Torrence quickly looks at him. "What are you talking about?" Aisha asks. Torrence straightens up, no longer leaning onto Eli. "I saw him last night at the mini-mall." Bert says.

"I was buying... a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling." He continues. "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Torrence stresses. "I don't know. I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal." Bert says. "Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?" Eli asks. Torrence looks at him, her eyes widening in worry. "Like what?" She asks. "I don't know, like, he drove his car off a cliff or bought a gun and blew his brains out." Eli says heinous things. Miguel quickly whisks Torrence away. "He's okay." Miguel whispers to her, keeping her by his side.

"No. Sensei would never kill himself. That's too pussy a move." Aisha assures. "Whatever. I mean, we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him." Eli says. "Do what without me?" Johnny asks as he walks up. Torrence quickly relaxes upon hearing his voice, looking over at him. "Sensei." Torrence breathes. "We didn't think you were gonna show up." Eli states. "I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." Johnny states, his eyes scanning Torrence over. "Great. Let's sign up." Miguel says. "Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you." Johnny says, walking inside.

Inside, they're stood in a circle, surrounding Johnny in the middle. Eli has his arm around Torrence's waist, Torrence thinks nothing of it, but Johnny notices. He scowls before speaking. "You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. 'No mercy.' The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth." Torrence grimaces, looking down.

"You get an 'F' on a test, you get suspended. You fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away." Johnny glances at Miguel before staring at Torrence. She carefully moves out of Eli's grip. "Car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win! Remember who you are. You're badass! You don't give a shit! You kick ass!" He says.

"You're Cobra Kai." He finishes. "Cobra Kai!" Miguel shouts. "Yeah!" Everyone yells. "All right, guys. Let's get down there and kick the shit out of everybody!" Johnny states. Torrence pulls her bag off her back, reaching in for her gi. Johnny grabs her hand, shaking his head. "No. You're not wearing those." He smirks. They change into their new gis, black with yellow trimming and the Cobra Kai cobra on the back. She walks out of the locker room to be met with Johnny. "Why did Hawk have his hands on you?" "I wasn't thinking. Moskowitz and I have always been touchy." She answers.