s3 e3

Torrence has since been moved to the regular part of the hospital so she can get visitors. Her first visitor, other than Johnny, was Sam. It surprised her. "Hey." Sam says. "Hey." Torrence says as she looks over. "I hope it's okay, me just showing up like this. How are you? I mean... Sorry, I... It's a stupid question." Torrence laughs slightly. "It's okay. I have a surgery on Friday. Some doctor from out of state who supposedly works miracles." She tells her, just needing someone to talk to about it. "That's great, right?" Sam asks, a smile on her face. "I'm not getting my hopes up." She sighs.

"The surgery costs a ton and my mom's gonna be in debt. And there's no guarantee it'll work, but..." Torrence shrugs. "I think if anyone can beat the odds, it's you." Sam tells her before shifting, running her hand up her arm. "Is that from Tory?" Torrence asks when she notices the scars on the inside of her arm. "Oh, uh... Yeah. It's really not that bad." Sam shrugs. "I should've been there. I tried to get her to stop." Torrence says guiltily. "Kinda makes me look tough." Sam says with a laugh. "I'm sorry, Sam." "You didn't do anything. She's the one who decided to go crazy." Torrence sighs.

"Tory's had a rough life. Her mom's sick and-" "Everybody's got a sob story. That doesn't give you the right to be a bully." Sam states. "Yeah." Torrence nods, looking away. "I just wanted to give you this. It's just a card." Sam says, handing her the card. Torrence smiles slightly. "Torrence, I'm so sorry. For all of this." Sam says. She knows she caused the fight, but she never expected someone to get hurt as badly as Torrence had. "It's okay." She says. "Torrence!" Eli exclaims, stopping and freezing in the doorway when he sees Sam. Sam looks back at Torrence. "I'm gonna go." She says.

Torrence nods. "Yeah, okay." She looks back at the card, reading the apology written inside it as Eli backs out of the way. "You got some nerve coming here after what your boyfriend did to her." He snaps at Sam. "I don't care what you think. I just wanna help." Sam states. "Pretty sure you've done enough, princess." Eli snarls, walking into Torrence's room. "Hey, sweetheart. What's up? You good? I like the spot." Torrence laughs as he hugs her. "Holding up?" Eli asks. "As much as I can." She answers with a small laugh. "How're things at school?" She asks, curious about everything.

"Things are things. Demetri's still being Demetri." He scowls. "He brought back my comic book." She says, motioning to her bag. "He was here?" He asks angrily. "I was still out of it, man. My mom told me about it when I woke up." She tells him slightly upset. "Which comic?" Eli changes the subject. "Spiderman." Torrence smiles, trying to reach for her bag. She wants to move her legs and scoot to the end of the bed but she can't. She groans loudly in frustration. "I got it, sweetheart." He tells her, reaching for it. "I got it!" She snaps, glaring at him. "Let me get it." He says softly.

Tears well up in her eyes and she looks up at the ceiling. "I just wanna fucking walk, man." She sighs. "I know." He hands her the bag, kissing her forehead gently. She groans again, digging into the bag. "Here. You can borrow it if you want. I know it was the only one you and Alexopoulos couldn't get." "I don't read nerd shit." He snaps at her before softening. "Read it to me." She says, sitting up completely. "Read to you?" He questions, a smile forming on his lips. "Yeah." She smiles, laughing slightly. "You got it." He says. She forces herself over, patting the spot beside her. "I can-" "Sit." She says.

The next day, Sam had set up a fundraiser for Torrence. No matter how much Torrence objected, stating she'd find a way to pay for the surgery, Sam had the fundraiser anyway. Torrence was sat in the bed, scrolling mindlessly through Instagram. Out in the lobby, Johnny walks up to a nurse. "Hey, uh, I'm not sure who I give this to. It's for the Miller kid, to put toward her hospital bill." He hands her a check. "Wow. That's very generous. Can I tell the family who it's from?" She asks. "Uh, I'd prefer to leave my name out of it if it's all the same." He says. She nods. "Sure. No problem." She says. He turns and comes face to face with Eliza. "Oh." He says.

"Hey. I'm leaving." He tells her. "Ms. Miller, Torrence's surgeon just arrived from the airport. She has a few questions." A nurse says to her. "Thank you, Johnny." Eliza says. "I'm gonna get out of here. I have to be somewhere." Eliza stops him, taking his hand. "Torrence... She needs you." She says. He sighs, contemplating whether he should stay or not. Maybe Torrence doesn't even want him here. "Okay. I'll stay." He finally agrees, walking with Eliza. Torrence sits on her bed, nervous about the surgery. Johnny walks in. "Johnny." She breathes, reaching her hand out to him.

He takes it, walking to her bed. "Hey, Torrence." He says softly. "I'm nervous." She says, holding his hand tightly. "There's nothing to be nervous about, princess. Everything's gonna go the way it should." He assures, kissing her forehead. She takes in a sharp breath, looking up at him. "You're gonna be okay." He promises, gently pressing a kiss to her lips. She sighs, pulling back after a moment. "As long as I've got you I will be." She says. Eliza stands on the other side of the bed, taking her daughter's free hand. "You guys look good together." She says. "We're not..."

Torrence trails off and Eliza nods, remembering the night of the party. "We will be." Johnny jokes. "Oh will we now, Lawrence?" Torrence laughs. "We will, Jett." He brings back the nickname causing her to smile widely. She kisses his jaw. Eliza sits in the chair as Johnny sits on the edge of Torrence's bed. Eliza watches them as they watch YouTube, random craft videos playing because Torrence likes to make fun of the 'hacks' that they use. The doctors come in after a little while, telling Torrence it's time to get ready for her surgery. She gets nervous again.
————————
a/n: have this chapter a night early because i might just sleep all day tomorrow