s2 e1

a/n: trying to make chapters longer, bare with me
———————
Torrence watches through the window, listening to them. "I thought you were dead." Johnny states, walking forward. "You ain't the only one, kid. I've been away a long, long time. It's good to see you." Kreese says, reaching a hand out. Johnny smacks it away. "You still got that hot temper, huh? But I like that. I like that. I bet that's why your student is now the champion. You trained him well. Just like I trained you." Kreese says before Johnny swings. Kreese throws him to the floor. "Johnny!" Torrence gasps, quickly running out. He gently pushes her back, shaking his head.

"You forgot, I taught you everything you know." Kreese chuckles. "Not everything." Johnny snaps, kicking Kreese in the face. "Back to my office, now." He pushes Torrence carefully toward the office. "Not bad, Mr. Lawrence. Not bad." Kreese sarcastically praises. He shoves Johnny when he charges him. Torrence wants to do something but when she steps in the way she's kicked into the mirror. She slumps to the floor, all of her wind knocked out of her as she hit the wall. "Look, I don't wanna fight." Kreese says, looking at Johnny as he rushes to Torrence's side.

"I just wanna talk." He continues as Johnny pushes hair out of Torrence's face. "About what? How you taught me to fight dirty? How you broke my second-place trophy? How you tried to kill me?" Johnny snaps at him. "I never tried to kill you." He tackles him before getting him in a headlock. "Go to hell you son of a-" He cuts himself off, letting Kreese go. "Showing mercy to an old man. That's very honorable. And stupid." Kreese kicks Johnny's legs out from under him before slamming his elbow into his ribs. The fire alarm goes off, the sprinklers spraying water everywhere.

Torrence sits up, her hair sticking to her bloodied face. Johnny lies on the floor beside Kreese before making his way over to Torrence. "Come on, princess. You need to get home." He picks her up, glaring at Kreese as he takes her out to the car. At her house, Eliza comes out. "Oh my God." She whispers when she sees Torrence. "Oh, my baby." She mumbles before looking at Johnny. "What happened?" "Mirror incident at the dojo. She's okay, just wore out from today." He assures, following Eliza up the stairs to their apartment. "Her bedroom is the second door on the left." Eliza tells him.

He lies her in her bed before looking around her room. She's got band posters up everywhere and photos of her, Eli, and Demetri on her small desk. He kisses her forehead before walking out. "Johnny." Eliza calls as he starts to leave. "Yeah?" He turns around to look at her. "I need to know my daughter is safe with you, but this is not the first time she's come home cut up after being with you." "She's safe with me." Johnny promises. "Yeah? Because I will not hesitate to pull your best student if something like this happens again." "I'll keep her safe." He promises again.

"I also noticed today, the way you look at her." Eliza states. "Oh, I don't-" He stutters, not realizing he made it obvious. "You worry about her, Johnny. But you're a grown man." "I told her that. I told her we couldn't." He says, not mentioning the kisses. "Good. Because she's only seventeen. No matter how close her birthday is, she's only seventeen." Eliza nods as Johnny leaves. Torrence comes out not too long after he leaves. "Where do we keep the peroxide?" She asks her mom. "Did you try to get with Johnny?" Eliza asks. Torrence's eyes widen and she looks at her mom. "What?"

She nervously laughs. "Did you try to get with Johnny?" Eliza repeats. "I was drunk." She blurts before slapping her hands over her mouth. "Torrence Bailey Miller." Eliza scolds. "When did you get drunk?" "The night I went to Aisha's. We had a party at the Canyon. Someone brought alcohol. I was just drunk, I didn't mean it." She spills. "Keep your thoughts to yourself. He's a grown man, and you seem happy in Cobra Kai. I don't wanna have to pull you out." "I'm sorry, momma." She mumbles, pushing her hair out of her face. "Don't let it happen again." Her mother scolds.