bonus short

Torrence walks into the living room, Eliza sitting on the couch, with a cup of coffee in hand. "Merry Christmas, momma." Torrence says with a yawn, noticing there's presents under the tree that hadn't been there the night before. "Ooh, hold on." Torrence runs to her room, grabbing the gift she had been saving up for for her mom. There's other presents for Johnny sitting on her desk, but she'd give those to him another time. As she walks out, someone knocks on the door. "Who's that?" "One of your presents." Eliza says with a smile. Torrence opens the door and squeals in delight.

"Johnny!" She wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as his arms slink around her waist, lifting her off the floor. He laughs, moving inside and closing the door. "Merry Christmas, princess." He says. "Present time." Torrence announces, running to her room again, grabbing Johnny's gifts before coming out and setting them on the coffee table. Johnny sets his bag on the floor, smiling at Torrence as she bounces on her heels, pure excitement radiating from the girl. She finally feels normal after all the crazy karate shit that's been happening to her and her friends recently.

"Slow down, take a minute." Eliza laughs, motioning the girl to sit. Torrence sits on the floor beside Johnny's legs as he sits on the couch. "Okay, present time. Mom, you first." She hands Eliza the small box. "I know it's small-" "Thank you, Torrence." Eliza butts in, smiling widely at her daughter. She opens it and gasps, the gold locket sticking out against the silver paper inside the box. "Open it." Torrence says, hands clasped together under
her chin, a hopeful look on her face. Eliza clicks open the locket and tears flood her eyes at the picture. She hadn't known Torrence had it still.

It's a picture of Eliza and Torrence on Torrence's sixteenth birthday. The younger girl on the older's back, arms wrapped loosely around her neck, and large smiles on their faces. Eliza looks up from the locket toward Torrence. "Thank you, Tor." She says tearfully. "Of course, momma." Torrence grins, standing and hugging her mom. Eliza wipes her face, sniffling and handing Torrence her gifts. Three gifts stacked on top of each other, perfect wrapping paper and bows on each of them. She tears into the first one, the biggest, heaviest. It's a stack of books, her favorites, to be exact.

She grins, setting them off to the side, grabbing the smallest box. "Ah, wait for that one. Save that one for last." Eliza says. Confusion passes over Torrence's face but she shrugs, setting the box aside and going to the medium sized one. She opens it to find Johnny's Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt and the flannel with it, washed, no more blood staining the clothing. She drops the objects, hugging her mom tightly. She never thought she'd be able to get those cleaned. Johnny watches the interaction, smiling softly when he realizes what she had dropped. "My turn." He says, he reaches into his bag.

He pulls out an almost completely flat gift. Torrence looks at him, brows furrowed. "What's this?" "Open it, princess." He smiles, watching her tear the paper, a key falling into her palm. "I'm confused." She states. Johnny motions her over, pulling his keys from his pocket, lifting his house key. Her eyes widen when she sees the keys match up. "You're kidding." She says, a smile forming on her face. "Nope." He laughs when she grabs his face, kissing him quickly. "I love you." She mumbles against his lips as he pulls her into his lap. "That's not all." He says, grabbing a box.

The box she had set aside earlier sits in his hands. She tears the paper off, opening the box. Her jaw drops. "You didn't." "We did." Eliza says. Truck keys sit in the box. "Now I've got one last gift if you'll accept it." Johnny says, looking at Eliza for confirmation that this is okay. She nods at him. "What?" Torrence asks. "I've got about two dozen empty boxes sitting in the bed of that truck." He says. "So..." She trails off. "Let's fill 'em." He smirks when her eyes widen again. "You mean-" "I want you to move in with me, Torrence." He states. She grabs his face, kissing him again. "Absolutely."