s5 e2

The next day, Robby and Torrence stand outside the store as Johnny gets food. Specifically, something with peanut butter. "All right. How we looking?" Johnny asks, handing Torrence the sandwich he found. "I think I got it matched up to my phone. Only have a few miles to go. Looks like a lot of bars and restaurants." Robby says. "Here, let's ask this guy. Hola." Johnny walks away from the two. The man asks in Spanish if they speak Spanish. Torrence wants to step up but Robby holds her back. "He's got it." "I know Spanish. Miguel taught me." Torrence says. The man then says they're in the tow zone and they need to move. Johnny mistakes it as a compliment, thanking him and saying it's a custom decal, then saying he wants Hector.

"Johnny, we need to move the van." Torrence says. "No, I'm not moving the van til we leave." Johnny says before facing the man again, telling him he tells him where Hector is and he'll give him money. The man scoffs, walking away. "Can you believe this guy? What?" "I don't know, if this Hector guy is so dangerous, I don't think we should just be throwing his name around." Robby says as Torrence starts to walk away. "Hey, we gotta shake the tree to get the apples." Johnny says. "Or we could climb the tree ourselves." Robby answers. "What does that mean? What tree? Torrence, where are you going?" "To stop us from getting- Wait! Damnit!" She shouts.

They all take off running. Torrence pants when they stop, setting her hand on her stomach. Johnny glances over, confusion taking over his features until she doubles over, throwing up again. Robby rushes over since he was closer, holding her hair back. Johnny goes inside to speak to the man as Robby and Torrence talk. "He's gonna start getting suspicious. You've gotta tell him." "Not until I take a test. Not until I know for sure." She says quietly as Johnny walks back out. He grumbles as they leave, ending up walking through a little mall of some sort. "The guy at the impound lot said we need four thousand pesos. That's, like, a million dollars."

Robby shakes his head. "It's two hundred dollars, but still, we only have about half that." "Yeah, well, we're not gonna find Miguel without the van." They look over hearing commotion. "I'm gonna find a bathroom." Torrence says, kissing Johnny's cheek and pulling away from him. He nods, kissing her head. "Be careful." She walks around for a minute, trying to find a pregnancy test. When she finds one, she finds a bathroom. After taking the test, she sits and waits, texting Robby she found a test. When the lines come up she almost breaks down. She's not even nineteen, not actually dating anyone, and she's afraid Johnny's gonna kick her out when he finds out.

She walks back to where she left them after shoving the test in her bag. She finds Robby sitting across from a bald man, shoving something in his mouth. Johnny looks at her, noticing her hair is messy from running her hands through it so many times. Robby swallows and everyone cheers. The bald man shoves the pepper in his mouth, lasting a few seconds before immediately gulping down his milk. "Yes!" Johnny cheers. The man spits his milk at them causing Torrence to gag, slapping her hand over her mouth. Once they get the van back, they change their shirts, Torrence facing away from them so Johnny doesn't see the little bit of weight she's gained. She lies across the seats again.

They reach a little place, 'El Hoyo Verde,' and Torrence climbs out, fixing her shirt so it doesn't stick to her body. Robby walks over while Johnny talks to Carmen. "You said you found a test, did you take it?" He asks. She nods, her eyes welling up with tears. "I don't know what I'm gonna do." She says softly. "We'll figure it out after you tell dad." He says. Johnny motions Robby with him. They told Torrence to stay in the van, this was no place for her, especially with what Robby knew. They finally come back out, quickly climbing in the van. After little more driving, they pull up in front of Miguel. Johnny climbs out, motioning Torrence with him. Miguel sees the two.

"I'm okay, ma. I'm coming home." He says tearfully. The three walk toward each other, both Johnny and Torrence engulfing the crying boy in a hug. Torrence pulls away after a moment, taking his face in her hands. "I will kick your ass if you ever scare Carmen like this again." She vows, hugging him again. He wraps his arms around her, keeping her tight to him. "I'm so sorry." He cries. She steps back, wiping his tears. "It's gonna be okay. You're going home." She takes his hand, leading him back to the van. She sits in the back with him, Robby up front with Johnny. After the two in the back fall asleep, Johnny looks at Robby, sighing quietly.

"I feel like Torrence is hiding something from me." He says softly. Robby stiffens, looking away from his dad. "Why do you think that?" "Because you can't even look at me which means she told you." Johnny says. Robby sighs. "She'll tell you when she's ready." Robby assures. "How come you know?" "I found out. She didn't tell me." He says. "Found out what?" Johnny asks. "Oh, baby, are you gonna be surprised." Robby says, trying to hint at the fact that she's pregnant. Johnny's brows furrow. Baby? He's gotta be kidding. They were always careful. Except... Oh God. Johnny looks at Torrence in rearview mirror, hand on her stomach as she sleeps. "Oh God." He says quietly.
————————————
a/n: short chapter, but i didnt involve torrence in the fight for obvious reasons