Chapter 4

You both walk further down the hallway, to another room. You turn to him and whisper. "This is the room Pierce told me about earlier. I think it might tell us what he wants." Bucky nods, and you push open the door. You fumble around the wall, looking for a light switch. "I haven't been in here yet, so-"

     You stop dead as you turn on the light, and gasp. You hear Bucky stop behind you. "What in God's name..."

     In the far left corner of the room is a clear, glass cell, with a seat in it. Across the room, in the centre of the room, is a bed, with levers on it. You walk closer, running your fingers over the dials and switches. "It's, it's some sort of an experiment lab."

     "What are these, Y/n?"

     You turn around and see Bucky holding a small, blue, IV-looking bag. You walk over to him, eyes wide. "Wh-what does it say?"

     He turns it over in his hands. "I don't know, it's written in Russian. Can you read Russian?"

     You look him in the eyes, and speak in curt Russian. "Конечно я читаю по русски, придурок" (Of course I can read Russian, you moron.)

     He looks puzzled. "What?" He shakes his head. "You know what, I'm going to take that as a yes, and ignore whatever else you just said."

     You smile as you take the bag from him. "That's probably the best for you." You read it quickly, before flipping it over. "This must be what they are going to inject you with."

     Bucky pales. "Wait, what? I-inject me? What the h€ll is that stuff?"

     "Super Soldier serum." You respond in a shaky voice. "You'll be the first subject, no no no, they can't-"

     Bucky looks around at the equipment. "Super Soldier serum? My short, skinny friend got it back in Brooklyn. It made him not as short and skinny- wait, how did Hydra get it?"

     You are about to answer when the door is kicked open, and Hydra guards pull out guns as they come in, shouting in Russian. You step in front of Bucky, pulling out your gun.

     You face the men, as they surround you two. You shout to them. "Stand down! I'm talking to the prisoner, as directed by Mr. Pierce."

     Just then, Pierce himself comes forward from the back, and steps up to you. "Yes, Y/n, but I did not tell you to let him out of the cell, or to show him to the experiment room, did I?" You can tell by the clipped tone he uses that he's pissed off.

     Your eyes widen in shock, and you put your gun back. "N-no sir. I was just wondering what you were planning on doing with him."

     Pierce smirks. "Tell me, Y/n, does it matter, what we do to him? He's on the other side. He's merely a lab rat to us."

     You take a deep breath, and look him in the eyes. "But Mr. Pierce, the serum, it has not been tested enough, it could be dangerous to him, and-"

     Pierce slaps you sharply across the face. Bucky moves towards him, only to be restrained by guards.

     You grab your cheek, blinking away tears, as Pierce turns to walk out. "I told you, Y/n, he's a lab rat. Who cares what happens to him? You should be more wise than to argue with me, little one."

     You nod numbly, dropping your hand to your side. "Yes, Mr. Pierce."

     He nods. "Guards, escort Barnes back to his cell. And escort Y/n back to her room."

     One guard grabs each of your arms, and two more do the same to Bucky. They begin leading you two out, you and Bucky walking beside each other. Bucky whispers to you. "Y/n, are you okay?"

     You nod. "I'm sorry, I tried to figure out as much as I could for you."

     He smiles softly. "Thank you, Y/n. I hope to see you around the base again." He says as the guards push him into the cell.

     You smile softly too, as the guards lead you away. You look back, to see him again, but the guards holding you shove you forward. You curse in Russian. "Сукин сын, смотри, что ты делаешь" (Son of a bitch, watch what you're doing.)

     The one on your right ignores you, but the one on your left shoves you again, also speaking to you in Russian. "Заткнись, женщина, иди" (Shut up, woman, and get walking.) He says, as you turn down your hallway.

     As you approach your door, you kick his ankles, making him fall. You smirk, as the other one lets go of you, trying to hide a smile. You enter your room, locking the door behind you as the guards leave. You sit with your head in your hands, trying to come up with a plan, until you fall asleep.

     A.N- Bit of a rollercoaster, this episode/chapter. What happens to Bucky? Serum or no serum?
Also sorry if my Russian's not written correctly