Chapter 15

Steve looks at the group in shock. "John? D.J, Rowan? What're you guys doing out here?"

A.n: Don't judge my lack of naming creativity, as far as I know, these people don't exist, but we're pretending they do

     The leader, Rowan, blinks rapidly, shaking his head. "Hold on, Bucky, you're alive? Who's that? And they're a woman?" He asks, pointing at you, your long hair exposed.

     Bucky nods, and is about to introduce you when you smile. "Hello. I'm 'they', and yes, I am a woman. My name is Y/n. Now, about you trying to shoot me-" You pull out another pistol from your back pocket and flip the safety off, about to raise it.

     Bucky runs in front of you, holding his hands up to face you as you put the gun down. "Woah, woah, woah, calm down. They thought you were Hydra. You are wearing a Hydra uniform. No need to shoot them for using their eyes, doll."

     You nod, flipping the safety back on and putting it in your back pocket again. "Ok, fair point." The man you were aiming at gives a sigh of relief.

     Steve talks to one of the men, while you and Bucky talk. After a few minutes, Steve comes back over. "D.J says they've been wandering around the woods for a day and a half. How long were we unconscious?"

     You think for a minute. "Well, the gas knocked you out around 10 a.m, and you woke up the next day at almost 4 p.m, so about 30 hours. Almost a full day and a half."

     Steve nods, and Bucky looks at you with concern. "Have you gotten any sleep yet?"

     You nod. "I got a bit while you guys were out." Bucky nods as well, a bit less worried.

     One of the men comes over to you guys, John. "So, are you guys all coming back with us?"

     Bucky and Steve cast a quick glance at you, but you step forward. "They will be, sir. I will be staying here."

     Before Bucky, Steve, or John can say anything, Rowan speaks up. "Why?"

     You shake your head. "Because I work for Hydra. I will go back there, and get them off your trail. Because right now, they know that Bucky and Steve left with me. If I go back, it puts all five of you in less danger."

     Everyone is silent for a minute. After a moment, Rowan nods. "You're a brave girl, that's for sure. But how are we going to get back, out of these woods? We need to get to an airport. That's where the rest of our men are waiting."

     You nod. "Got it covered. There's a train bridge about a mile from here, straight south. It's down on an angle, sort of a cliff. I've got supplies that should get you guys across it easily. The train will be taking supplies to and from the airport; stay on the train, and you'll hit the airport in less than two hours." You hesitate. "It is a Hydra train though. So you may have to fight them off."

     D.J nods. "Rowan's right, Bucky and Steve have a smart girl on their hands."

     Bucky puts his arm around you. "We sure do."

     You try to suppress a laugh. "Come on, guys, stop, you're making me blush." They all laugh as well. You shake your head, rubbing your arms to warm up. "Let's all go to the cabin, it's freezing out here. I'll make everyone some dinner, and grab you your supplies before you all hit the road." Everyone agrees, and they follow you to the cabin.

     You and Bucky walk ahead of the group. He brushes a wind-blown strand of hair behind your ear. "Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

     You give him a soft smile. "I'm sure. I'd rather know you guys are safe, than know I'm putting you in danger."

     You rub the goosebumps on your bare arms, as another gust of wind ripples your t-shirt and messy hair. Suddenly, you feel the weight of a jacket on your shoulders. You look up from the ground and see Bucky placing his jacket around your shoulders.

     He looks at you with a smile. "That feel a bit better?"

     You nod. "Thank you, but you're going to freeze!"

     He shakes his head. "I'll be fine. I planned ahead, and wore long-sleeves underneath." He winks, and you laugh, shoving his shoulder lightly.