Chapter 8

About 30 hours Later

     You stagger out of the Hydra jet, and through the hallways until you reach Pierce's office. You knock on the door, clutching the bag containing the vial tightly to your side.

     "Come in." You hear from inside.

     You push open the door, and stumble in. Pierce is at his desk, head down, signing papers. You drop the bag with the vial on his desk. "Вот. 5 часов 57 минут в запасе" (Here it is. 5 hours and 57 minutes to spare.)

     He looks up, taken slightly aback by your image. Your hair is soot-stained, your face streaked with dirt and blood. Your clothes are torn, stained, and bloody, and scratches and cuts cover your body. "Y/n! How was everything?"

     You nod. "Doable. I'm going to head to my room. Is that all, sir?"

     He nods. "Thank you, Y/n. I'm impressed with your initiative. I will let you know when the improved serum is ready."

     You nod, and exit the office calmly. As soon as you get into the hallway, shutting the door behind you, you take off sprinting, as fast as your sore, bruised, and scratched legs can take you. Instead of going to your room, you take a few extra turns, to Bucky's room.

     You push open the door, panting. "Bucky! Bucky, are you in here?"

     "Y/n?"

     You turn around and see him standing up from his chair, looking at you happily. You rush over to him. "How are you doing?"

     He pulls you into a hug. "I'm good, doll. I'm so glad you made it back." He holds you by your shoulders when you pull away, looking you over. "Are you ok? What happened, did you get seriously hurt? Or just minor stuff?"

     You shrug. "Just minor. Cuts, bruises, you know, that sort of thing. But what about you? What did they do, did they inject anything in you while I was gone?"

     Bucky shakes his head. "Nope. Surprisingly enough, they left me alone, other than meals and stuff."

     You give a sigh of relief. "That's good."

     For the rest of the night, you two continue to talk, until about 10 pm. Then, you say goodnight, and head upstairs to shower, and go to bed, exhausted.