Chapter 12

You turn around, holding the bandage in your hand, and see Steve wake up, looking around. "W-who're you?"

     You nod. "Nice to see you alive, too."

     Steve slowly sits up. "Who are you?"

     You run over to him, as the wound begins bleeding again. "Hold on! Hold on, ok? I need to get this to stop bleeding." You begin to wrap the wound up with the bandages.

     As you're doing that, you begin talking to him again. "Well, you've asked me my name about 5 times, now, so I think it's fair to give you an answer. I am Y/n Y/l/n."

     He nods. "I'm Steve Rogers."

     You smile as you stand back up. "I know." When he looks puzzled, you continue. "Bucky's told me things about you, and I kind of put the pieces together after you showed up at Hydra, and Bucky called you Steve."

     Steve looks suddenly alarmed. "Where is Bucky? Are we still at Hydra?"

     You hold up your hands, shaking your head. "Calm down. No, we are not still at Hydra. We took a truck, and I drove us here. And Bucky is in another room, still knocked out from the gas."

     Steve nods, but still looks confused. "But, where is here? Where are we?"

     You are about to answer, when you hear Bucky from the next room. "What the hell?"

     You smile, and turn to Steve. "Excuse me for a moment." You run out of the room, into Bucky's room. He is slowly standing up, and you rush over to him.
     "Woah, woah, woah, slow down. Sit back down, I just bandaged those!"

     He looks at you first in surprise, then happiness. "Y/n! Oh my god, I'm alive!"

     You laugh, and pull him into a hug. "I'm so glad you're awake. You had me worried for a bit."

     He smiles when you pull away, but his face drops when he sees your condition. "Are you okay? What in God's name happened?" He takes in your sling on your arm, the bloody bandages on your hands, and the bandages on your leg.

     You shake your head. "Nothing serious, just minor stuff from when we escaped."

     He gently touches your forehead and temple. "No, you've got a deep cut up here, what from?"

     You reach up, and feel dried blood, stretching in a cut across the top of your eyebrow. "Um, I'll explain that later. Come on, I'll get you and Steve something to eat."

     Bucky gets up slowly, and follows you to the kitchen. "But where are we?"

     You shake your head. "I'll explain in a minute. Steve, do you want food?"

     Steve comes out of his room, and sits beside Bucky as you begin searching through cupboards. You begin to make grilled cheese as you explain.

     "Both of you asked, so I'll tell. We are in a small cabin in the middle of the woods, still in the same vicinity as the Hydra base. We are just outside the 5-mile radius."

     Steve looks up in shock. "Are we breaking and entering right now?"

     You shake your head, putting the bread in the pan. "No, no. It's my fami-well, my cabin. We used to live here."

     Bucky has a sip of water. "But I thought you lived in Redbridge?"

     You nod. "I did. But I had family who used to live near here. This is where we stayed when we visited."
     Steve nods. "What about the Hydra vehicle? They'll see it if it's parked outside."

     You slide them both a sandwich as you have a drink of water. "Already taken care of."

     Bucky sighs. "What do you mean by that?"

     You hesitate. "Nothing."

     He looks up quickly. "Y/n, tell me. Is that how you got those injuries?"

     You hesitate, then nod slowly. "While you were both knocked out, I took the truck about a mile away from here. I-"

     Bucky nods as you stop. "Go on?"

     You mumble something inaudible. Bucky looks confused. "Y/n, what did you do? The whole story."