Chapter-6 Deviares

Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi were still together, walking in an empty street when an informant of Yoongi tells him about the three defected been found and confiscated in Zuersha. It happened on the same day they left Zuersha, in the evening, the villagers were going back to their homes when were attacked by them. Yoongi who was still clueless about these defected asks Taehyung what does this means.

“Deviares are the people who have traded their soul for something, or is deliberately taken from them, these people will have shattered souls and would consume the soul of another human to get rid of the pain caused by the sin inflicted on them, they are defected and not human anymore depending on the duration it has been since they traded the soul” Yoongi listens to Taehyung quietly and says nothing. Things like these are hard to believe.  The informant also says that they crawled through the field and wanted to kill them but the villagers were able to capture them in time. 

Yoongi who was still unsure wanted to reach quickly and have a look, it was already late, the informant was not able to reach them in time, and the sun was about to set, he didn’t believe in something like trading souls or any demon until the demon accompanying him starts chanting something and a red circle with undefined patterns forms in front of them, Taehyung touches it and the red glows to orange, a portal is formed before the human can run away and ask them questions Jimin pushes Yoongi in it he and Taehyung following easily behind. Yoongi all this while still in shock sits down on the ground breathing with difficulty, cursing the two immortals for not warning him as they reach Zuersha in that not so normal way. The change in place causes a shiver in them, the setting sun was not able to provide its warmth, Taehyung watches the wolves scurry away in fear sensing their presence. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, the place goes eerily quiet, then the wolves starts to howl, causing goosebumps on Yoongi, he sits up looking around gasping to find himself in Zuersha, he slaps himself hard thinking he might be dreaming, and glances at the two immortals in disbelief. Taehyung’s lips perk up, he nods looking at Jimin, they walk ahead, Yoongi who was scared witless remains sitting until after they are a little far he gets up and runs following them. 

They walk up to a dilapidated hut where the villagers were standing with weapons and fire torches, not daring to go in but still keeping watch on the possessed people inside, their haggard appearance showed the trouble they went through in keeping eyes on the deviares. Taehyung walks there with Jimin, seeing these two outsiders, the villagers first get alert but later remembering their matron’s words steps aside, waiting for this significant one to give orders to them, what they didn’t expect was for Taehyung to ask them to leave, they hesitate not moving but hearing the growls of men from inside they step back in fear. Yoongi pats on the shoulder of the villager next to him, signaling him to leave and follow as told, they finally retreat leaving the trio alone. Jimin opens the door and sees the deviare inside tied up, growling and salivating and looking at them in anger and lust, Yoongi curious much peeks from behind him, scrunching his nose as he complains of the stink.

“Are all demons like this?” he asks, still not believing his eyes and the mistake his words did just now. Jimin, a demon, whose race was questioned just now, smiles looking at Yoongi, bright and beautiful, his fingers curl inward, he shifts back and so does Taehyung who was examining the deviares carefully but still aware of his surroundings. In the next moment the thatched roof of the hut, just above Yoongi shakes like it is trembling in fear, the straw, dust, branches falling on Yoongi all over.

Yoongi looks at the roof and back at the two immortals his face yellow with the dust and dry vegetation, unable to move or understand what just happened, how come only he was affected, he breathes out and the dust disperses away making Jimin satisfied. Yoongi feels like the two immortals in front of him were the reason behind this happening but didn’t dare say it out loud. They focus back at the deviares who were struggling to get hold of Taehyung.