Chapter-12 Calm before chaos

Taehyung opens his eyes and finds himself lying on a comfortable bed, a faint flowery smell penetrates his senses, he blinks several times to make his vision clear and looks around finding himself in a familiar setting, it was Jeongguk’s place, he sighs internally knowing that they have returned safely, slowly getting up he looks around to see where the others were. Yoongi was sitting near the entrance, leaning on the wall for support, Jimin was there on the bed, and Jeongguk was on a comfortable chair. All sleeping soundly, they still had wounds but nothing serious was detected to be concerned about their health. 

He again glances at Jeongguk who had his head resting on his palm, he sighs were the three taking care of him, it could have been done in shifts why bother or are they afraid. He concludes that the latter can be the case and feels the warmth and pride feeling like a dad protecting his kids, if required he will say a few words to ease them when they get up.

Taehyung sees Jeongguk stirring in his sleep and quickly lays back to his previous position, closing his eyes, he remembers how Jeongguk was shocked and scared by everything and doesn’t want to face him alone. He hears rustling and movement and feels a dip in the bed. Jeongguk was closer when he speaks causing an itch in his heart with the low whisper.

“Are you awake?” Taehyung thinks that it would be embarrassing if he opens his eyes now and finds Jeongguk too close so he pretends to be sleeping, it works, Jeongguk was about to get up but the little wanderer’s luck had stopped working around him. His stomach growls loudly in hunger, sounding clearly in the silent room.

Taehyung wants to hide in the cover, he never felt hunger, he could go on without food for months but after draining himself in the combat he could not help but get hungry, he has used most of his ability than he should after sealing it. Hearing the light chuckle his eyes shots open and he sees Jeongguk smile beautifully, but noticing that he was discovered, it quickly wipes off.

“I woke up just now,” Taehyung says in hurry to clarify things and gets up. Jeongguk doesn’t buy it but ignores it nonetheless. He touches Taehyung’s forehead gently and nods in satisfaction.

“You seem to be alright” his voice sounding a bit hoarse due to not getting proper sleep. Taehyung grabs his wrist. “Are you scared?” He asks, worries evident in his blue eyes. He knows the situation they were in earlier was too much to take for a mortal but doesn’t know how to talk about it. It was already a surprise for him that Yoongi and Jeongguk stayed there after witnessing all this.

Jeongguk glances at their hands and lets them be held. “Are you going to tell me what is going on?” He asks instead. Taehyung stares at him trying to find and sense any discomfort, his stomach growls again, this time louder than before, he holds it trying to stop it, and looks at the General in guilty.

“This Prince seems to be hungry” He smiles in embarrassment.

Jeongguk sighs and pulls away from his hand gently “Wait here” He gets up and calls for a maid, louder than needed. The human and demon wake up, frantically looking around from his call. Jeongguk feels satisfied seeing them like this, he sits back on his chair. Jimin wanted to curse him but then sees Taehyung completely awake, sitting and his face blushing, he gets scared walking up to His Highness, he asks in concern.

“Your Highness, why is your face red, are you feeling uncomfortable, you should head back and not stay here” Jeongguk’s keen eyes fixed on the two. Taehyung tries to stop Jimin but he was too emotional to care making Taehyung blush more under Jeongguk’s gaze. Jimin’s eyes water and turns red, he keeps on talking not even caring for how Taehyung tries to make him shut.