Chapter-32 The devil wants to bring him back

“Where are you taking these presents to?” A middle-aged woman asks the young girl holding several presents covered in dark maroon silken cloth, with their attire they looked like the maids of the inner chamber. 

The younger one greets her lightly and then answers with a grin “These are the presents to be given to the new concubine.” Her cheeks were flush and she looked a bit out of breath for carrying such heavy and precious gifts. The older woman raises her brow and removes the cloth to peek in, her eyes shining seeing the stone-studded box of gold and silver. She nods in satisfaction. 

“Pretty good” She then glances once at the younger one and asks quietly while looking around, both walking slowly.

“I heard she is a beauty and very young,” her eyes shining ready to get some information on the new member of the harem.

It makes the tiredness wipe off of the young girl as she moves her head in agreement, eyes shining with gossip, “Yes, she is, I just got one glimpse and you know what I saw?” She points towards the sky with her chin in an exaggerated way “Such a sight, maybe this is the reason His Majesty spends most of his time in that chamber.” They both hide their faces as they laugh, gossiping about the houses.

The elder one clears her throat quickly remembering where they are, she pats the head of the younger one in care, “You should be more careful with such words and not say a thing, in this place you survive the more you keep your mouth shut” The young girl sulks hearing it her beautiful features turning a bit dull.

She whines while answering “I only answer to mother to others I won’t say a word…but don’t you think there is something brewing in other houses?” A shadow hovers over them making them stop in their track. They look up frightened by the sudden appearance of someone and meet eyes with the advisor staring at them blankly. Their souls almost leave their bodies seeing Evarius holding their breath they both quickly bow to him but the advisor pays them no attention and passes by their side, steps hurried and impatient. Bend halfway the two females look at each other and the back of the straight back of the advisor, awkwardly they straighten up and gulp.

The older one holds her heart as she watches the advisor, “That was close…” She pats her chest lightly and then as if recalling something she noticed just now speaks up, “he looks so pale and sick”

“Hmm” Her daughter agrees, “They say there is an ambiguous relationship between him and His Majesty, he might be feeling neglected and hurt” The mother heard her daughter's words widens her eyes in shock she checks again around them and smacks on her head, the daughter cries in pain.

“Your mouth has so many words to spew” The mother scolds but the daughter was fond of gossip she apologizes lightly then nudges her mother and continues,

“Everybody is talking about the prophecy turning true slowly”

“Shush, let’s just leave before you are scolded for being late,” The mother says hurrying up her steps.

Evarius turns back to look at the two figures going towards the new concubine residence, he grits his teeth and enters the room without a word. The attendant serves him tea immediately while his eyes remain fixed on the door, waiting for the King who has summoned him here. Sipping two cups he picks up the liquor gulping it from the jar directly.

After a long wait, Rielel arrives there; his face showing annoyance and anger, he glances once at Evarius and then settles across. Evarius quietly serves him tea which he takes without a word; the advisor watches him while he drinks it. 

“Give me the command to take action before it gets too late,” Evarius says his grip tightening on the jar as he seethes in anger.

“You don’t know who that being is, how powerful he can get,” Rielel says taking another sip, he seemed to be calm just opposite of how Evarius felt, making the advisor more furious.