Chapter-29 His Highness is so good with kids

Taehyung was ready to defend himself but the attack didn’t come as expected, there was complete darkness and silence around him. He closes his eyes and tries to listen to any minute detail that could give him an idea of where the devil is, a faint rustling sound is heard but it soon dies down. The hunger was growing stronger than before and the uneasiness was eating Taehyung at an increased pace, he wipes his forehead and looks around trying to find some opening in this dark place. A sudden crunch sound appears as he steps on something with the faint glow of flames he tries to see what it is. A human bone and skull lie there broken into pieces. Taehyung turns around checking his surroundings and glances suspiciously at the dark vines, he walks closer to them, and touches them with his finger burning the vines with bright flames, they quickly recoil and a skeleton falls to the ground. 

“What is this place? Where are you?” He asks loudly, irritated with the darkness and being clueless about the place.

“It is your home now” The child-like devil's voice answers him proudly. “Didn’t I say your soul is mine” The young devil giggles.

Taehyung tries to steady himself and paste that giggle on the devil’s face he saw before, but this made him more unstable, he shakes his head to forget the image and asks “How are you going to take it then, do you think this Prince will surrender to you?” He sits on the ground and takes deep breaths. 

The devil’s voice moves closer “You should, they all do, I will eat you slowly savoring the taste” The soft and cheery voice mixed with the venomous nature of the devil could give chills when heard. The devil licks its lips making a loud smacking sound.

Taehyung throws the flame in the direction the voice came from illuminating the area where the small devil stands with a long tongue smacking its face from time to time. It tries to hide but the flames were ruthless hitting his tongue making the devil fall on his back and cry in pain.

“You made me hungrier now” The devil cries pitifully.

“….” Taehyung feels ashamed thinking all these devils also share small traces of cosmic powers but have such a big difference in personality between him and Jin.

He could not help but call the devil “Get up…come over here.” The devil complies like an obedient child, but he drags his body on the four limbs slowly and creepily, his tongue patting the way and slimy liquid falling on wherever the tongue touches until it is scratched by the broken bone lying on the ground and the sound of sobs fills the place. Taehyung feels no pity watching it, this devil deserved it for acting like that. 

Finally, after wasting quite some time Adapheus stops in front of Taehyung, watching him with blood-red eyes “How long has it been since you have been fed?” Taehyung asks.

The devil sobs more just thinking about food makes him hungry, his tongue releases slimy liquid like human saliva causing a mess on the dark floor, sticky and smelly and a small pool is formed in no time. “Just before you arrived I digested one.” The devil child answers truthfully in a tone sounding innocent and pure, but the words opposing it.

“….” Taehyung was rendered speechless by this glutton devil. 

Adapheus is a Devil of Gluttony, he increases the hunger for consumption, before the war broke in the heavenly realm Adapheus was a big devil that worked without any restraint, feeding on angels as his food so when the wrath of Taehyung occurred on him, it affected him profoundly, he was reborn but was still not able to grow back to his normal size, though it was not a problem for this devil as long as its hunger is assuaged he can increase his power. His mother the Deviless that Jeongguk, Jimin, and Namjoon are dealing with is a Devil of the sin sloth, she is the most consistent and precise in her act, she won’t act like others around her acting on impulse but will lazily lay out her plan. It is obvious how she managed to take over a whole Kingdom while no one noticed. Taehyung was however surprised as to why this deviless thought of carrying Adapheus with her, she never cares for this kind of work. What surprised him more is that this time these brothers are not just acting randomly but are planted with a plan and task to achieve which is different from how it was before the war in the immortal realm.